BDO Kabayan Savings, BDO Remit Cash Card for OFWs
Updated February 16, 2013:
BDO Kabayan Savings for OFWs
This is a special savings account for OFWs and their families in the Philippines.
You can open an account here in the Philippines, or abroad if you work near BDO partner remittance firms chosen to issue this account.
- Can be in pesos or in U.S. dollars
- Initial deposit of 50 pesos for a peso account or $100 for a U.S. dollar account. (The teller may ask if you like to deposit 100 pesos)
- Present at least 1 valid photo ID and one 1×1 ID picture (The teller may ask for a second valid ID)
- The teller may ask for proof that you are receiving remittances, or that you will receive remittances, such as remittance receipt, OFW contract, or work visa
- No maintaining balance as long as you make at least ONE remittance a year.
- You will receive a Passbook and an ATM Debit Card.
- For SEAFARERS: You can open a BDO Kabayan Shipping Dollar savings account with passbook for only US$10. Show one valid photo ID, your valid Seaman’s book, and one 1×1 ID picture.
- For Seafarers employed by POEA-accredited companies, you can ask your company to credit your allotment directly to your Kabayan dollar account.
- With your Kabayan savings account, you can arrange with BDO for the payment of your home loans and insurance premiums through BDO’s Auto-Debit Arrangement (ADA).
Check here BDO correspondent banks.
Check also this blogpost: What happens if your BDO Kabayan account DOES NOT receive at least one remittance in a year?
BDO Remit Cash Card for OFWs
This card is similar to the regular BDO Cash Card, but it is a special cash card; you can get this card only abroad — in selected BDO accredited remittance companies. There are numerous BDO Remit offices, partners and agents worldwide, particularly in countries where there are a lot of OFWs.
This also has a higher load balance and deposit limit, compared to the regular BDO Cash Card. While the regular cash card is limited to a maximum balance of 10,000 pesos and 25,000 pesos, BDO Remit Cash Card can be loaded with up to 100,000 pesos.
You can send money directly to this BDO Remit Cash Card account.
Your and your beneficiary can also check the status of your remittance through the BDO Remit Status Inquiry on the BDO website. Go to bdo.com.ph. Click REMITTANCE SERVICES, and then click BDO REMIT STATUS INQUIRY.
OFW Parents: Take Advantage of Free Internet Banking to Manage Your Childrens Weekly Allowance
BPI and BDO Internet Banking — Free and Quick Ways to Send Your Children’s Allowance
Savings Accounts for OFW Remittances
Savings Accounts in the Philippines with the Lowest Maintaining Balances
Cash Cards for OFW Remittances to the Philippines
List of Banks in the Philippines — Universal Banks, Commercial Banks
Top 27 Savings Banks in the Philippines — or Top 27 Thrift Banks
OFWs Can Send Money to the Philippines Thru BDO Remit