According to Nikko Dizon in the April 4, 2009 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer:
- All 17 members of the Highway Patrol Group involved in the so-called Paranaque shooting last December 5 attended the Commission on Human Rights’ hearing on April 3.
- All didn’t testify; they invoked their right to remain silent.
- Two witnesses affirmed the testimony of one witness in the January hearing that only police operatives were in the area when the shooting happened.
- These two witnesses also disputed the claim that robbers in a Revo van shot the De Veras.
- One witness said he saw men wearing vests with the Regional Special Action Force letters.
- Another witness testified he heard the police operatives saying they had killed the driver of the vehicle, who later turned out to be Lilian’s husband Alfonso
Philippine Daily Inquirer