Update on From Lilian de Vera (victim of the Paranaque shooting incident)
According to Nikko Dizon in the April 4, 2009 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer:
- All 17 members of the Highway Patrol Group involved in the so-called Paranaque shooting last December 5 attended the Commission on Human Rights’ hearing on April 3.
- All didn’t testify; they invoked their right to remain silent.
- Two witnesses affirmed the testimony of one witness in the January hearing that only police operatives were in the area when the shooting happened.
- These two witnesses also disputed the claim that robbers in a Revo van shot the De Veras.
- One witness said he saw men wearing vests with the Regional Special Action Force letters.
- Another witness testified he heard the police operatives saying they had killed the driver of the vehicle, who later turned out to be Lilian’s husband Alfonso
Cops in shootout invoke right to stay silent
Philippine Daily Inquirer