How to Open a BPI Bank Account in London, UK

May 2, 2011 · Filed Under Banks, BPI, OFW, Remittance

Updated December 10, 2013

BPI London,   Bank of the Philippine Islands in London, UK

If you’re frequently sending money to the Philippines from the UK, consider opening a BPI Europe account so that you can enroll this account in BPI Express Online and then make your money transfers online.

Two Ways to Open a BPIE Star account:   (Star means Save, Transact And Remit)

1.  Visit BPI Europe in London and open an account.  Bring the required documents.

BPI Europe PlC
26A and 27A Earl’s Court Gardens
London, SW5 0SZ

2.  Or Send the required documents through the mail using the address above.

The documents required are the following:

• Original or Authenticated copy of your passport or UK driver’s license with photo (authentication by your GP, solicitor or your bank)
  • Original copy of proof of address (can be your bank statement, credit card statement, utility bill or council tax bill)
  • One ID photo
  • Initial cash deposit of 50 pounds (can be a check issued to your name)
  • Filled-out Customer Information Sheet

You can download the Customer Information Sheet from the BPI Europe website (bpieuropeplc.com)
or You can request it through email (bpinoy@bpieuropeplc.com)

For more info:

Tel No.: 0207 835 0088
Office hours: from Monday to Friday and Sunday

Related Articles:

Secured BPI Credit Cards for OFWs

BPI Credit Card Payment for College Tuition Fees

Comments

28 Responses to “How to Open a BPI Bank Account in London, UK”

1. MaryAnn Arboleda on October 25th, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi there may I know if I can open an account with you even tho I reside in Dublin.If yes will you please let me know how.It’s because I need to open an account for a GSIS money transfer.They are requiring me to open an account with you.
    thank you.Await your reply soon,
    from MaryAnn

2. Nors on October 25th, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi MaryAnn, sorry, the BPI Star account is only for Filipino residents of UK, or for those with UK driver’s license and a UK address. Email back GSIS and ask if they’re still issuing GSIS Visa eCard, and if they have another Visa card for pensioners living abroad.

3. Eduardo Alano on November 10th, 2013 2:23 am

Sir / Madame,

I can’t find the customer information sheet, I want to send money to the Phils. Kindly please email it to me.

Thanks

Ed

4. Nora on November 10th, 2013 7:54 am

Hi Eduardo, the BPI EUrope website is no longer issuing Customer Information Sheet. Email bpinoy@bpieuropeplc.com and request for the form.

5. Sheila Eugenio on December 8th, 2013 11:22 pm

Hi I just want to know if I can open a savings account i live in Birmingham and if I can do it by emails.
    Many thanks,
    Sheila

6. Nora on December 10th, 2013 7:31 am

Hi Sheila, yes, you can. Email bpinoy@bpieuropeplc.com and request for the Customer Information Sheet, and then mail it to BPI together with the required documents, as listed in the article above.

7. Joy on December 18th, 2013 1:37 am

Hi im joy i just want to ask if im going to open a savings account, and my parents want to send me money from philippines same bpi account, how much is the charges? Thank u

8. Nora on December 18th, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi Joy, if your parents in the Philippines wants to send you money through BPI, they should have an account with BPI. Charge: 600 pesos plus documentary stamp of 30 cents per 200, plus fee of BPI bank in London. Your parents can also send you money through Western Union here for cash pickup at Western Union there. Fee starts at US$14. Fee is $37 if they send $500.

9. louziela millins on January 15th, 2014 3:15 am

hello,, Im louziela.. I have a Bpi account in ph.. i would like to open BPI account in london therefore I would transfer directly to my bpi acc in ph,, I would like to know if how much the charges.. however its same bank as well.

10. louziela millins on January 15th, 2014 3:19 am

I dont have a driver license,, but I have a bank statement with barclays bank acc. also woth the NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER.. THOSE ARE ALLOW ME TO OPEN A BPI ACC IN LONDON.. I LIVE IN 98 CONIFER WAY SWANLEY KENT UK

11. Nora on January 17th, 2014 7:11 am

Hi louziella, ito ang remittance fees: https://www.bpieuropeplc.com/page/view/23 Or you can go to bpieuropeplc.com and then click Remittance. Email bpinoy@bpieuropeplc.com for further questions.

12. paul winter on January 28th, 2014 12:41 pm

I am British and living in the Philippines. I will be in reciept of a British Military pension March 2014. I would like to open a UK BPI bank account so my pension can be sent to that account monthly. I would be gratful if you can give me details on how to open a UK BPI account and also how I would be able to receive monies from that account here in the Philippines. Thank you.

13. Nora on January 28th, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi paul, I don’t know if you can open a BPI Europe account while you’re in the Philippines, since you need to send these documents by postal mail to BPI Europe — see the required docs: https://www.bpieuropeplc.com/page/view/18 . Maybe you can open one when you visit UK again. Or you can call BPI 89100 and ask if a BPI branch in the Phils can assist you with opening a BPI Europe account while you’re here.
    When you already have a BPI Europe account and a BPI Philippines account, enroll one account first at bpiexpressonline.com, and then add the second account. When both accounts are already enrolled, you can make fund transfers online from your Europe account to your Phils account. Before the transfer is carried out, your remittance fee and exchange rate will be shown, and you will confirm.
    There’s a Direct Deposit program for US pensioners living abroad including the Phils, so there might be a Direct Deposit program for UK pensioners living abroad. I saw this one: https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-if-you-retire-abroad/how-to-claim Will get back if I see something relevant.

14. Cathy on January 29th, 2014 11:42 pm

I have my passport,national insurance and bank statement addressed where i am living now..Are these papers enough for me to open an account with you?

My partner also wanted us to have a joint account,he is a British citizen,is it possible too?If yes,what are the requirements needed?

Can you please emeiled us costumers information sheets.

Cathy

15. fazal on January 30th, 2014 12:17 am

i would like to send money to the philippines monthly. I am British and i live in the UK, my partner is Filipino who lives in the Philippines. Is it possible to open a joint account?

16. Nora on January 30th, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi Cathy, yes, those are enough. Include an ID picture. Email BPI Europe bpinoy@bpieuropeplc.com to request for a Customer Information Sheet. In your email, ask also if you can open a joint account. I think your partner can also open because BPI Europe is licensed by the British financial authorities.

17. Nora on January 30th, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi fazal, you can open an account with BPI Europe, and your partner can open an account with BPI here in the Philippines. Enroll your account at bpiexpressonline.com, and after approval, enroll/add your partner’s Philippine account into your online account. You can then make online fund transfers from your online account to your partner’s account, with your pounds converted into pesos. The remittance fee will be shown before you confirm the fund transfer.

18. Allan Aras on February 5th, 2014 4:08 am

Hello, I have a complete requirement bank statement , photo I’d picture and others , pls ,,,, pls,, guide me how to get BPI account here in uk , and i have a BPI account in Philippine ,,’

19. Nora on February 5th, 2014 10:23 am

Hi Allan, the fastest process is to visit the London branch with the required documents. But if you cannot go to the branch, email bpinoy@bpieuropeplc.com and ask for a Customer Information Sheet form. Then send this form plus the other required docs (see above list) to BPI Europe via postal mail:
    BPI Europe PlC
    26A and 27A Earl’s Court Gardens
    London, SW5 0SZ

20. Dahlia roslan on February 9th, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi
    I am going to Philippines to visit my son. Will I be eligible to apply for ATM card cash. If yes, what is the requirements to do so? Can I apply through BDO on line rather than opening account when I get to the Philippines.

21. Nora on February 9th, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi Dahlia, bring your passport and 1 ID picture. They might ask for a second ID, so bring another valid photo ID. Sorry you cannot open a cash card via online BDO. But you can get a BDO Kabayan account from BDO remittance partners in UK like this one: http://www.gemremittance.com/BDOKSA.html Ask if they also offer BDO Remit cash card.

22. ANTONIA on March 2nd, 2014 1:39 am

HI AS KO LNG PO KNG PANO MAG OPEN NAG ACCOUNT SA INYO BPI.ANO PO YONG KAYLANGAN .THANK U PO

23. Nora on March 2nd, 2014 6:07 am

Hi ANTONIA, if you can go to the BPI office in London, then bring your passport, or UK driver’s license with photo, original copy of bill, or bank statement, or credit card statement to prove your address, one ID photo, initial cash deposit of 50 pounds. If you cannot go to London, email bpinoy@bpieuropeplc.com and request for a Customer Information Sheet. Send this information sheet through postal mail together with the other documents required (dahil hindi mo dapat i-send yong original passport mo, xerox your passport and then pa-authenticate mo sa bank mo or sa solicitor or sa doctor mo). I hope you can comment here later on kapag naka-open ka na.

24. Miezy on March 4th, 2014 2:18 am

Hello po just enquiring ive got a bpi account when i was in the philippines and now im in uk i would like to put some money of my account as my savings. So that when i go for holiday in philippines i can use the money.. How can i send or deposit money into the account? Can i do bank to bank as well? And can i be able to check the balance as well? Thanks…

25. Peter Dowell on March 11th, 2014 5:57 pm

Hi I was wondering if I would be allowed to open an account with you. I am british but have a girlfriend and many friends in Cabanatuan city in the Philippines.

Kind Regards

Peter

26. Nora on March 12th, 2014 11:56 am

Hi Peter, yes, BPI Europe is UK-licensed, so you, as British citizen, can open an account with BPI Europe. If you’re a frequent traveler to the Philippines and you can provide a residential address where you frequently stay, you can open a BPI account here, with your Alien Cert of Registration and passport, so you can transfer funds online from your UK account to your Phil account (with a remittance fee). Or if you don’t want to open an account here, you can use your UK-issued atm card and withdraw from ATMs here, usually with a 200-to-250-peso charge per atm withdrawal (find an atm machine with high maximum withdrawal amounts). You can do the same with HSBC UK or Citibank UK, as there are also HSBC and Citibank banks here. The advantage of BPI here over HSBC and Citibank is the number of atm machines and branches.

27. marie on March 13th, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi! I am here in UK. I would like to open STAR peso account by submitting all the requirements thru post. Is that possible? or STAR account should be in pounds sterling only? I need the peso account for my Ayala Educational Plan proceeds in the Phils. Please help and many thanks!

28. Nora on March 13th, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi marie, the BPI Europe Star account is only in pounds and euro. You can open a pound Star account via mail, and then later on, when you have time to go to their Earl’s Court London office, ask their assistance for you to open your peso account with BPI Philippines. Or open those 2 accounts at the same time at their London office. However, it might take time for your Phil account to get active.
    You can also call GEM Remittance UK and ask about opening a Phil-based BDO kabayan peso account: http://www.gemremittance.com/ContactUs.html