Late Philhealth Payments — Can I Make Retroactive Payments?

March 6, 2011 · Filed Under philhealth

Puede pa bang bayaran ang na-miss na Philhealth payments?
If I missed one quarter of Philhealth payment, can I pay it the following month?

Yes and No.

Yes, you can make a late payment, or a retroactive payment, but you have to pass three conditions:

1.  You’re not a frequently late payor. You have not been late in paying three consecutive quarters within the last 12-month period prior to the missed quarter.
For example, if you missed paying the October-December 2010 quarter, you must have paid on time your Philhealth payments from January to September 2010.

2.  You’re still within the grace period. The grace period is one month immediately afer the missed quarter. The grace period for the above example is January 2011.

3.  You must pay the missed quarter together with the current quarter, so you’re going to pay two quarters.
You can also pay more than two quarters, if you like, but it’s not required.

The following is a copy of a portion of the Philhealth rule that applies to late Philhealth payments:

Retroactive payments are not allowed except when a member can show proof of sufficient regularity of premium contributions or payment of nine (9) consecutive months or three consecutive quarters within the last 12 months prior to the missed quarter. If you meet this condition, you shall be given a grace period of one month immediately after the missed quarter to pay retroactively including the current calendar quarter. This privilege is granted only once every 12 months.

Related Articles:

Philhealth Requires Nine Months of Prior Payments
Philhealth Branches — Membership Reactivation
Philhealth Payments — Where to Pay Premiums or Contributions

Comments

17 Responses to “Late Philhealth Payments — Can I Make Retroactive Payments?”

1. jennifer hernandez on October 21st, 2013 10:01 am

hi,
    September 2012 was my last payment/contribution. How can I reactivate my membership? thanks

2. Nors on October 21st, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi jennifer, go to the nearest Philhealth with your ID, then fill up registration form, then pay 1 quarter (450 pesos) this year. Rate will increase to 200 pesos per month next year.

3. Kris on January 31st, 2014 10:02 am

I was employed until November 30, 2013. My employer paid my premiums until NOvember 2013. I missed December payment and am pregnant. Can I pay for the missed month in December and continue making my premiums? Or do I need to start all over again? Please advise. Thanks.

4. Nora on February 1st, 2014 5:15 am

Hi Kris, you can no longer pay for Dec. You’re past the deadline; same with Jan, if you have not paid yesterday, 31st. Anyway, pay for Feb and onwards, you can still qualify. If you paid continuously when you were employed, you can accumulate payments for 9 of the 12 months before your delivery month. If not, you can update your category to Informal Sector so you can qualify for the 3-monthly-payment eligibility requirement (pay at least 3 months immediately before your delivery month, or pay for 1 year in advance)

5. sheyl on February 12th, 2014 5:14 am

Hi. I was employed 2011, and I’m planning to be a voluntary payer.. How can I still be qualify to avail the benefit? I’m pregnant and my due is on June this year.. Can I still pay for the last quarter last year? How can I be qualify pls tell me what to do..

6. Nora on February 12th, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi sheyl, update your member data with Philhealth; check Informal Sector as your member status, then pay Feb to May 2014. You will qualify kasi you will pay at least 3 contributions within 6 months before delivery — yan ang required sa Informal Sector.

7. jeniesette on February 20th, 2014 8:11 pm

hello po, ask q lng po ung about s philhealth q kz n end po q s work last year month of june so for the next month until now ndi q nhulugan ang philhealth q tpos nkaprivate p po ang status q,.maaari q po b byaran ung namissed q months n wlang payment?.bali from july2013 up to present. thank you!
    pregnant po kasi q.

8. jeniesette on February 20th, 2014 8:15 pm

by this month of march n po ang delivery q,.syang dn kz kng hndi q maavail ang benefits,.almost 3years nrin nhulugan ang philhealth q.

9. jeniesette on February 20th, 2014 8:36 pm

hello, ask lang po about s late payment q from july2013 up to now. maaari q po b byran lhat ng namissed q n payment?
    gusto q po kz makaavail ng benefits kz syang kng mababalewala lng ang almost 3years q n nacontribute,.
    pregnant po kz aq. thank you po!

10. siren on February 21st, 2014 9:51 am

Good day po! My husband is an ofw and he paid his contribution in SG last 2012 pa for coverage of Jan 2012-Jan2013. I was not able to update his payment after the coverage lapsed. What would be the best thing for me to do to continue his payments? Thanks!

11. Nora on February 22nd, 2014 9:48 pm

Hi siren, ask from your husband any proof of being an OFW (OEC copy, or copy of passport with work visa, or OFW contract, etc), then pay at Philhealth. Bring your ID and marriage cert, baka lang hanapin.

12. Nora on February 22nd, 2014 11:46 pm

Hi jeniesette, sori hindi na puedeng bayaran ang 2013. I suggest magregister ka uli sa Philhealth branch. Bring your ID. On the registration form, check Individual Payor-Informal Sector, and then pay for Jan to Dec 2014 (2400 pesos) or Feb 2014 to Jan 2015 (ask Philhealth), para maging eligible ka for your delivery in March.

13. Chainey on March 7th, 2014 12:07 am

Hi maam, ask ko lang po kung makaavail ako ng maternity benefit sa philhealth sa case ko. Ofw po ako, pinaasikaso ko sa mother ko yung philhealth ko last yr. Ngbayad sya oct2013-2014. Kung 9 months po ang required before delivery, ang estimated delivery date ko po ay april 2014 meron po akong namiss na 3 months pero nkacontribute po ako till oct.2014. Mahohonor po kaya yun? O pwede ko po ba balikan bayaran ung 3 months na namiss ko? Thank you!

14. Nora on March 7th, 2014 8:01 am

Hi Chainey, anong dates ang paid sa premium receipt mo? Oct 2013 to Oct 2014? If yes, covered ka when you give birth in April. Kapag OFW, covered kapag ang confinement or delivery date ay within the dates on the premium receipt. Kapag hindi nakalagay na OFW sa premium receipt mo at Individual Payor ka, covered ka pa rin, kasi 3 contributions na lang ngayon ang required, at hindi na 9 months.

15. Chainey on March 9th, 2014 12:19 am

Wow thanks maam! Na-enlighten napo ako. God bless! You’re a big help!

16. katrina on March 9th, 2014 9:50 am

Good day! I would just like to ask if how can i reactivate my philhealth account? I haven’t been working for the past 8 years and haven’t paid any contribution since then. Is there a chance that i can reactivate it again? Thank you.

17. Nora on March 9th, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi katrina, yes, anytime. Go to Philhealth with your ID and fill up the registration form to update your data and to pay at least 600 pesos (3 months x 200 pesos). If you don’t remember your Philhealth no., verify with them, or they will give you a number, since I think Philhealth nos. were not significant years ago.