Top 7 Reasons You Need to Enroll in Online SSS

Enroll in online SSS now. Why bother?

These are the Top 7 reasons why you need to enroll in the SSS online system called My.SSS:

Enroll in online SSS so you can check the following VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

1. Your contributions are being remitted to SSS by your employer.

Are you sure your employer is remitting your SSS contributions to the SSS? Make sure you are not among employees who discover too late that their employers have not been remitting their SSS payments.

2. All your contributions are being posted.

There are times when contributions are not being posted. It could be an error in your SSS no. or your name, or underpayment.

If you see in your online SSS account that there are gaps in your posted contributions, and you have RS5 receipts to prove you have paid these months, xerox these receipts, write a letter to SSS requesting them to post the missing contributions (list the months and year, amounts and applicable months and receipt nos.), and submit them to the nearest SSS branch.

Some SSS branches have a form and additional instructions for this type of problem.

If you are Employed, request your employer to make the necessary corrections with SSS.
3. Your loan payments are being remitted to SSS by your employer.

It’s so sad that there are many employers NOT remitting SSS loan payments to the SSS.

In our blogs, there are many commenting that they were shocked to discover their employers did not remit their payments. And it’s doubly frustrating for them because they discover this only after several years. In some cases, the employers already closed shop, and there are no more ways to contact these former employers. And we’re talking here of loan payments that range from 10,000 pesos to about 25,000 pesos.

If you see signs your employer is not remitting loan payments, ask your employer to no longer deduct SSS loan payments from your pay, so you can pay directly to the SSS. It is VERY IMPORTANT though that you do not fail to pay monthly your loan amortization to the SSS. Be determined. One month, 2 months, 3 months of postponing your payments will make your AMOUNT DUE bigger and bigger. And worse, you could fail to pay anything, making your unpaid total loan balloon to an amount that could reduce or wipe out your pension if the loan remains unpaid over the years.

4. You have a Date of Coverage.

Do you have a Date of Coverage? You can see it under your name, in your online account.
It is important that you have this Date; it’s one of the data used in computing your b
enefits. Without this Date, the formula cannot be applied and the benefits cannot be computed.

The most common reason some SSS members have no Date of Coverage is that they did not register with SSS properly. Often, this problem is faced by those who started paying to the SSS as Self-Employed, Overseas Worker, Non-Working Spouse or Household Helper. Some also pay their contributions as Voluntary, although they are Not Voluntary members. Voluntary Members are those who are former Employed, Self-Employed, Overseas Workers or Non-Working Spouse members.

All New Members should register in their category BEFORE paying. For employees, they do not have to do anything about this process; it’s their employers that report and register them as Employees.

New Self-employed members should register first BEFORE paying their contributions. They need to submit their accomplished RS1 form and proof of source of income.

Overseas Workers who have not been previously registered as Employed or Self-Employed should register as Overseas Workers using the OW1 form. They can register at the SSS desks of Philippine consulates or embassies, or they can send the accomplished form by mail to the SSS main office in Quezon City. If they register in the Philippines, they should prove they are overseas workers by showing an original and xerox copy of their job contract, visa, foreign ID or similar document.

5. You can check the status of your loan or benefit applications.

You can check if you’re eligible to apply for SSS salary loan or for other SSS benefits.

You can also see if SSS has already received your application for a certain benefit, or if it has already encoded it into the SSS system, or if it has already processed it.

6. You already have 120 monthly contributions.

You can see whether you already have accumulated 120 monthly contributions. This is the minimum number of contributions for you to qualify for pension starting age 60. (120 monthly contributions BEFORE the semester of retirement)

The minimum number of contributions for primary beneficiaries is 36 (36 monthly contributions BEFORE the semester of death).

7. You can check other information, such as your personal information.

In short, you can check your SSS data ON TIME…while THERE IS STILL TIME to correct any error or any employer delinquency.


If you are Employed, you need your employer’s 10-digit SSS no. If you don’t know the branch code, input 000

If you are Self-Employed, Voluntary Member, Non-Working Spouse, Overseas Contract Worker, or Househelp, you need 6 digits from your SBR Receipt. Use the newer receipts which you think are already encoded.

If you are a pensioner, you need your pension savings account no. or a recent pension check no.

For those paying via ADA, input 000000

These are other details you need to input during registration:

Your SSS No.
Full Name
Date of Birth
Mother’s Maiden Name
Postal Code
Contact No.
Email Address
User ID (You create this, between 8-20 characters)
Password (You create this)

After accomplishing the online form, click Submit and wait for an email from SSS.


Add a Comment
  1. Hi Roma, you can ask your HR. If already unemployed, you can pay 1 contribution as Voluntary, and then register as Voluntary (wait for 3 to 5 days for posting). You will enter 6 digits from your receipt’s transaction no. (no longer employer’s SSS no.)

  2. Hi Julie, wow, you paid so far into the future! 🙂 SSS did not write a specific deadline for fixing underpayments. They just said that if not updated, they will credit the contribution to the next lower salary bracket. I think you can first update your Jan to June 2014 payments and the rest of the year’s contributions before the applicable months come to pass. And then update the rest of the applicable quarters or months before they come to pass. And then monitor how they’re posted through your online SSS account.

  3. Hi Ms. Nors,

    i’m an ofw & have paid in advance my sss monthly contributions till 2017. my ques. is what is the deadline for paying underpayments & what is the consequence if not settle within a year or two. Also, can I settle the underpayments any time of the year within 2014-2017?

    many tks for your help.

  4. hi po ms. nora! ask ko lang po pano po kung di ko alam ung employer ss id?? edi di na po ko mkakaregister??

  5. Hi Feb, you must start paying as Employed or self-employed so that your payments are valid. You cannot start paying as Voluntary. To register as self-employed, you need proof of source of income such as business permit or sales commission receipts. Find a job, or start your own business.

  6. Hello! I already have a SSS number but didn’t pay any contribution because I went back to school. Do I have to reactivate it? Or I can jusy pay it under voluntary? I just graduated and currently looking for a job. Thank you.

  7. Hi jan, your English is okay. You can register online, but you need an RS5 form transaction number. I was informed that many SSS remittance agencies there don’t have RS5 form. So I suggest that you ask a relative or friend in the Philippines to pay for you using RS5 form at Bayad Center or SSS cashier (one time only; just so you can get your transaction no.). Then wait for your payment to get posted; on the 3rd day, you can enroll online. Choose the last 6 or first 6 digits (choose only numbers) from the RS5 transaction no. Later when you pay your SSS from abroad, your status will be changed to OFW.
    So you can formally change your status to OFW, and participate in Flexi-Fund, if you like, you can fill up the SSS OW1 form and send to SSS.

  8. hi mam,
    i am an ofw,
    i have already my sss and the number with me. but i did not continue to pay when my job is finished when i still working in the philippines.2years ago. i want to continue to pay . they told me when i will pay here in one of the exchange agency it will automatically converted as a ofw? and i want also to register online what should i do first? sorry for my bad english 🙂 thanks in advanced

  9. Hi jose, you should ask your employer or HR your company’s SSS no. This number is a private or confidential data so it’s not published online.

  10. madame nors? how can i find the employer id no.?? where to find it online..?

  11. Hi chris, yes, it’s really frustrating that SSS cannot accommodate thousands of calls. The other alternative is to email SSS with your name, SSS no., address, date and place of birth. Write on the Subject line — Please Reset Blocked SSS Account. You can also comment on

  12. hi ma’am dati n po nakapag registered online sa sss para makita ung mga contribution ko ang problema po matagal ko hindi nabuksan nakalimutan ko ung pasword at ng nagtry ako error ang sabi po na blocked daw ung acount ko at tumawag ako sa sss hotline ang problema po dito ako sa province mahal ang tawag sa phone at napakahirap po kumontak ubos agad ang load ko. Bale 3 po kami ako ung husband ko at mother ko same kame ng problem. Paanu po ba gagawin namin kc gusto nmin makita ung mga contribution namin.. Sana po matulungan nio ako. Salamat po & God Bless

  13. Hi rona, for SSS maternity benefit, you use your own SSS membership, and not your husband’s SSS. For Philhealth, yes, you can use your husband’s Philhealth as his dependent. Yes, you can claim your SSS maternity benefit. Have your MAT1 stamped by SSS BEFORE delivery; bring your ID and ultrasound report. After giving birth, pass these requirements: Documents required for claiming SSS maternity benefit

  14. hi mam. seaman po aswa ko pro nd pa po nia naiupdate ung benefciary nia single p po xa nung ng aply xa s sss. ngaun po nkaonboard xa,pwd po b n ako ung magproces anu po ung mga requirements?im curently pregnant my due date is 1stwik of july. maavail ko b b ung mat.benefts gmit ko po sss ng husband ko.. my sarli din po akong sss voluntary po, start to oct2012 to dec2012, jan2013 to march.qualified n po b f im paying til june.what should i do,mas mbuti po b n gamitin q n lng sss ng husbnd ko.what r d requirements. pls pkiresponce po.tnx

  15. Hi evangeline, thanks for appreciating my effort. I hope you get your benefit within 2 to 3 weeks.

  16. I just want to say thank you Nors for letting me know what are the requirements for maternity benefits. I’ve successfully filed my mat-2 last month and I am now waiting for the result. ^_^

  17. Hi Jenica, sorry you can no longer pay your SSS contributions for the past years. No retroactive payments for SSS. The past months that you can pay this first week of April are Jan Feb and Mar.

  18. Hi Ms. Nors,

    Thanks a lot. i have another inquiry here.. am i going to give the years that i wasn’t able to give? Since i stopped for almost 7 years now.

    Awaiting for your reply.

    Thanks a lot for your help.



  19. Hi Jenica, you can continue as Voluntary or OFW. If OFW, you download this OW1 form and then send it to SSS QC. The instructions are in the lower portion of the form. Then wait for email from SSS. Meanwhile, so you can check your contributions online, you register in online SSS. But you will need a payment receipt no. to register. So you ask your family to pay for you at SSS cashier, Bayad Center or SM Business Center, for one month or one quarter, using RS5 form (available at these centers mentioned). Then they send you the receipt’s no. or transaction no. Choose 6 digits from that no. to complete your online registration. Here are the steps: Enroll online SSS

  20. Hi po.. Nag-wo-work po ako abroad since 2006 kaya na-stop din ang contribution ko until this month. Gusto ko po i-continue, kaso hindi ko po alam kung paano.
    Tanong ko lng po:
    – Paano ko po siya i-continue kahit nasa abroad ako?
    – Paano ko po ma-check online yung naging contribution ko from year 2003-2006?

    Maraming-maraming salamat po.


  21. got it ms. nors. thank u

  22. Hi jheng, do you remember your SSS no.? If not, ask your SSS no. at the nearest branch. Bring your IDs. Here’s info on self-employed registration:

  23. hi again ms. nors, I already had an E-1 form dated year 2006. my sss number was already erased, I dont even have a single contribution.
    gusto ko na po mag hulog as voluntary na lng, sbi ko po self employed ako, minsan tutor, minsan nagsusulat lng ng article sa net. I went to sss branch and may hinihingi po silang docs, proof of income po ata, eh wala naman po resibo ung pag tu tutor at pagsusulat online. what should I do po para maka start na ako mghulog? thank u so much po.

  24. Hi lydia, if you were an employed member before, you don’t need to go through the self-employed route. You continue to pay as Voluntary. Why do you prefer self-employed? The contributions table, deadlines and benefits are the same. Self-employed are those who were not members previously; they need to submit business permits, etc. to register. Self-employed, voluntary and OFWs can choose from this table: No, you will not lose your SSS contributions. You can claim when you turn 60. To have pension, you need to accumulate 10 years of contributions. Enroll online so you can check your other benefits:

  25. Gud eve maam nors…have a nice day poh..pmunta po ako ng sss office bago umalis gusto ko sanang i change sa self employed ung sss po xa dti..pero ang sabi d daw po pwedi voluntary nlng kya d ko na tinuloy..if gnun nga poh ..nasa mgkano nman ang quarterly nun..di po ba nawawala ang perang laman ng sss?..kht d na nahuhuligan?thanks po…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *