Here are the most popular banks in the Philippines, based on Compete.
Compete is a web service that compares the performance of bank websites in several areas. I checked the performances of these banks online on only two areas — number of unique visitors and number of visits — on February 2011, which is the latest update on Compete.
Top Banks Based on Number of Unique Visitors to the Bank Website in a Month
1. BPI Bank of the Philippine Islands
bpiexpressonline.com — 10,616 unique visitors
2. PNB Philippine National Bank
pnb.com.ph — 9,792
3. BDO Banco de Oro Unibank
bdo.com.ph — 9,022
4. BDO Banco de Oro Unibank
mybdo.com.ph — 7,067
5. CITIBANK Citibank NA
citibank.com.ph — 4,077
6. RCBC Rizal Commercial Banking Corp.
rcbc.com — 2,987
7. METROBANK Metropolitan Bank and Trust Co.
metrobank.com.ph — 2,969
8. UNION BANK Union Bank of the Philippines
unionbankph.com — 2,891
9. EASTWEST Eastwest Banking Corp.
eastwestbanker.com — 2,517
hsbc.com.ph — 2,298
11. LANDBANK Land Bank of the Philippines
landbank.com — 1,087
12. CHINABANK China Banking Corp.
chinabank.ph — 743
Note: I checked only the Compete rankings of bank websites that have been ranking high on Alexa.
Top 10 Banks in the Philippines based on Assets, Deposits and Capital
List of Banks in the Philippines — Universal Banks, Commercial Banks
Top 27 Savings Banks in the Philippines — or Top 27 Thrift Banks