BDO Kabayan ATM Debit Card — Can It Be Used Outside the Philippines?

August 10, 2010 · Filed Under Banks, BDO, OFW

Some readers asked if the BDO Kabayan ATM Debit Card can be used to withdraw money outside the Philippines, so  I emailed the BDO Customer e Services and asked.  I was pleasantly surprised that the customer officers replied immediately.

According to Ms. R. C. of the eServices unit, the BDO Kabayan ATM Debit Card and any other BDO ATM debit card can be used to withdraw money abroad as long as:

1. it is active
  2. and it has sufficient balance.

For holders of BDO ATM debit cards with the MasterCard logo, withdraw at the ATM of any foreign bank in other countries with the Cirrus Maestro/PLUS logos.

If your card is a BDO ATM debit VISA card, withdraw at ATMs abroad with the VISA/VISA Plus logos.

These are the transaction fees:

• Balance Inquiry -  US$ 1.00
  • Withdrawal -  US$ 3.50

For unsuccessful ATM transactions such as wrong PIN,
insufficient funds, exceeds limit, etc., you will be charged US$ 1.00.

WARNING:
Do not, however, depend solely on your BDO ATM debit cards while abroad.  They may not work all the time.

Related Article:

BDO Kabayan Savings and BDO Remit Cash Cards for OFWs

OFW Parents: Take Advantage of Free Internet Banking to Manage Your Childrens Weekly Allowance

Comments

120 Responses to “BDO Kabayan ATM Debit Card — Can It Be Used Outside the Philippines?”

1. Nors on February 9th, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi Ruby, puede raw basta Mastercard-linked ATM, pero hindi raw palaging okay ang network. I suggest mag-open ka na lang ng Maybank RegionLink account sa Maybank dito sa Philippines para sure na makawidro ka sa Malaysia. Meron pa nga silang Money2U card for OFWs

2. Jill on February 10th, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi po,ask lang po ako if ilang days po ba dapat pumasok sa atm saving account ko yung depsoited fund galing norway? kasi i have a client na nagdeposit na po ng money last jan.21,2013 pa but until now i didn’t receive it yet.Sabi naman po ng bank nila from norway naisend na daw pero hanggang ngayon di pa rin po pumapasok sa atm savings account ko?Love to hear your respond.

3. Nors on February 12th, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi Jill, by this time dapat, nasa account mo na. Ask your sender to check kung match yong account details na isinulat niya at yong account details mo.

4. jun jaranilla on March 12th, 2013 12:22 am

hi..what if i will use this card for groceries abroad?..how much will be the charge?..

5. Nors on March 12th, 2013 8:33 am

Hi jun, do you have the Mastercard logo on your card? There should be no charges — I think they get their gain through the exchange rate.

6. faith amzon on March 12th, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi poh c lydia ambol poh to ask qoh lng sna if pnu qoh mllman ang mga naihulog qoh na nkpasok na sa atm qoh…kc po dinala ko poh dito sa dubai ska ung passbook..pwd u poh ba akong mtulungan dito..nghuhulog po ako ng monthly..wla kasi po akong mapag iwanan nong umalis po ng manila…salamat po…

7. Nors on March 13th, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi faith, you can check online your balance if your account is enrolled in BDO Internet banking. Try to enroll your account in BDO internet banking: http://www.banksphilippines.com/2012/03/can-i-enroll-in-bdo-internet-banking.html If you see this option: “I do not have access to an an ATM terminal” this means you can enroll while abroad.

8. lydia ambol on March 14th, 2013 2:36 pm

Thanks maam,its me again faith ..ok lng poh vah khit di na poh updated sa passbook..woooried lng po ako ksai kramihan sa mga kasamahan nmin ditoang sabi d daw po pumasok till di na aupdate..

9. Nors on March 15th, 2013 9:02 am

Hi lydia, are you abroad? If you’re here in the Philippines, you can make a balance inquiry through your atm. Yes, it’s okay if your passbook is not updated. It’s understandable that you cannot update your passbook if you brought it abroad. BDO has another record of your transactions, and this one is always updated. Just keep your remittance receipts for comparison purposes. The next time you remit, try using the BDO Remit transaction inquiry at bdo.com.ph

10. ilovemymom on March 15th, 2013 11:38 am

Ive used my BDO kabayan atm to withdraw money when i travel abroad. The latest was in Canada 2days ago. It was very fast.

11. Nors on March 15th, 2013 3:21 pm

hi ilovemymom, thanks a lot for sharing your experience here. It will help others with the same concern. best regards

12. kristian on April 7th, 2013 2:56 pm

hi ask ko lang kong pwede dito sa abu dhabi mag withdraw ng kabayan atm card ko?thank you

13. Nors on April 7th, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi kristian, yes, if there’s a Mastercard logo on your Kabayan atm card and you’ll use a Mastercard-linked atm machine. But there are times the Mastercard-BDO link does not work, so you cannot withdraw.

14. Ruby Rose B. Ancheta on April 9th, 2013 9:37 pm

ask kulang po pwede po ba ako mapadalhan ng pera Mula sa South Korea? ang Gamit ko pong atm is BDO Debit Card.

15. Nors on April 9th, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi Ruby, yes, as long as your debit card is a personal account and not a restricted payroll account.

16. judie on April 10th, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi,gud aft. Ask q lang kungpwd ang peso debit card savings dito sa New zealand.it is my first time pumunta here.
    Thanks.

17. Nors on April 10th, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi judie, try making a balance inquiry at an atm machine with the same Mastercard or Visa logo as that on your atm card. Sometimes the link works; sometimes it does not.

18. jocelyn sagusay on April 16th, 2013 3:55 pm

hi i would like to ask you about enrollment of my mom acct to my account so i can easily transfer cash to her..now im already in uae and i enroll the acct but need to sign some form so i need to send the sign form to BDO…any other way to do w/out this so i can easily transfer fund to her..thanks! jOSIE

19. Marilyn Bito-on on May 2nd, 2013 4:57 pm

Good day! I would like to ask similar to the questions of some OFW. It’s regarding with my BDO KABAYAN SAVINGS, actually I did not left both passbook & the ATM card in Philippines, I brought it here in UAE. My question is: Is it still (my account) active when in fact I started to deposit after 5-6 months from opening an account? What is the exact duration/validity date from opening? I only checked it through BDO REMITTANCE PAGE a day after I send money to my account and it was credited. I am just confused & doubtful because if hindi nakapasok sa account ko ung money na pinapadala ko, my money will put into trash, sayang ang pinaghirapan ko here abroad. Can I complain this matter to the BDO branch where I opened the said account?..I kept the receipts everytime I send money.

Thank you!

20. Philip on May 2nd, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi!

Just want to ask if my BDO debit card with “megalink” tag only at the back, can be used abroad?

Theres no mastercard, visa, cirrus or any other tag except megalink.

21. Nors on May 2nd, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi Marilyn, you deposited within the right time period, so your remittance should be okay. It should be there credited in your Kabayan account. A Kabayan account is closed only after a year without any remittance from abroad and after the 5k maintaining balance is not maintained and there’s no balance to pay the maintaining balance penalty. If you’re still doubtful, you can call BDO (Intl. Access Code) +800-8-6318000

22. Nors on May 2nd, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi Philip, sorry, that Megalink-only card cannot be used for POS payment or atm withdrawal abroad

23. jep on May 10th, 2013 5:52 pm

— Sir, can you answer this question? parehas kasi kami nang problema. thanks

24. Nors on May 10th, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi jep, sorry but that is the only way — print and sign the form and send to BDO via postal mail. The other way — activating via a BDO atm machine — is doable only if you’re in the Philippines, as there are no BDO atm machines in UAE.

25. herlene m bautista on June 9th, 2013 6:15 pm

hi.. ask ko lng po mag kano ung charge kapag nag withdraw ng pera dito sa doha qatar gamit ang bdo kabayan.emergency lng po

26. Nors on June 10th, 2013 6:54 am

Hi herlene, atm withdrawal is US$3.50 per withdrawal and $1 to $1.50 per balance inquiry. I hope you have other options because there are times that the BDO-Mastercard link does not work.

27. Eugene on June 16th, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi good day po sa inyo!

I just have a quick question, I have 2 kabayan ATM, 1 is in PESO and 1 is in DOLLAR, the question is, would it be possible for me to transfer money from DOLLAR account to PESO account?

thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

28. Nors on June 17th, 2013 8:51 am

Hi Eugene, do you mean transferring money from your dollar account to your peso account via BDO Internet banking? Sorry no inter-currency transfer yet. Only peso to peso or dollar to dollar. You have to use the traditional steps of withdrawing, changing to peso, and depositing.

29. rosallymigallen on July 1st, 2013 11:48 am

i used my bdo kabayan debit card to shop here in singapore,do i need to pay an extra charge?

30. Nors on July 1st, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi rosallymigallen, I think there’s no charge. I think BDO and Mastercard get payment for their service from the exchange rate.

31. glyne19 on July 5th, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi po..ask ko lang kung paano po ang palitan doon ng pera sa qatar kasi ngpadala ako ng pera thru kabayan bdo atm dito sa pilipinas in peso pagdating ba sa Qatar need pa ba niya ipa.convert ng pera or pwde na diritso xa mg.withdraw.

32. Nors on July 6th, 2013 12:43 am

Hi glyne19, if your recipient withdraws from an atm machine in Qatar, the bills that will come out of the machine will be qatari riyals. So dapat alam ng recipient mo ang estimated riyal equivalent ng pinadala mo para yon ang i-input niya sa machine when withdrawing.

33. Kitten Kat on July 10th, 2013 2:38 pm

Hello good day. Thank you for putting up this information it’s such a great help.

I will be traveling to The Netherlands, my question is, can I use my BDO ATM Debit Card there? It has MasterCard, Cirrus, ExpressNet, Megalink logos. If yes, do I have to enrol to online banking or can I use the card as is?

Thank you for your response and have a great day.

34. Nors on July 11th, 2013 10:54 am

Hi Kitten, you should be able to use your debit card at Mastercard and Cirrus atms abroad, but based on comments on our blogs, there are times that the BDO-Mastercard link does not work, so don’t rely on it so much. You can enroll in Internet banking and then validate it, so you can track your balance online. You can also get a BPI EPrepaid Mastercard if you like, for backup, but it has a maximum balance limit of 50k.

35. Edgar Macauyam on July 27th, 2013 10:39 pm

ang gmit kung ATM is BDO KABAYAN SAVINGS now im here in the philippines im using this atm card since i was in jeddah saudi arabi. Now my question is nagkakaltas ba sila s atm khit may laman yung bdo atm card? i save 15,000 on this card then on my first withdrawal i took 3,000 after 1 week ngwithdraw ulit ako ng 3,000 and then ngulat ako kasi 7,801.30 yung natira sa balance ko na suppose to be ang matitira dapat e 9,000. Can someone explain for this issue?

36. Nors on July 28th, 2013 8:49 am

Hi Edgar, how long did this account not receive a foreign remittance? A Kabayan turns to a regular passbook with a 5k-maintaining balance without at least 1 foreign remittance in a year. The difference is nearly 1,200. The cents may be explained by interest. 1,200 would be four 300 pesos, which is the usual penalty for below-maintaining balance. But of course this is all assumption on my part. Visit your branch and ask. If you opened this account abroad, your branch is BDO Buendia-Paseo de Roxas. Hope you can share later on what happened, and thanks.

37. Tommy rose eugerio on August 4th, 2013 7:12 pm

I just want to ask how much will be deducted to my account whenever i withdraw form my bdo debit card if I am here in Doha, Qatar

38. Nors on August 4th, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi Tommy, BDO says the charge is 3.50 US dollars per withdrawal

39. kate on August 15th, 2013 7:33 am

hi. i have a kabayan savings account. is this the same as debit card? can i use this to purchase items online?

40. Nors on August 16th, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi kate, sorry you cannot use your Kabayan to buy goods online. It does not have an expiry date and a 3-digit security code. But you can use it at SM dept stores and supermarkets. For online purchasing, you can get a Smart Money or GCash card, or BPI ePrepaid Mastercard prepaid card or Union Bank Eon Visa Debit Card

41. elmer on August 25th, 2013 7:05 am

Hi…tanung kulang po..I have a BDO ATM Debit Card with Visa Logo..pero may megalink sa back at express net…walang maestro/cirrus..pwedi kubang magamit for any transaction or withdraw from other country… especially in the US…..pls help me..thanks

42. Nors on August 25th, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi elmer, you should be able to use it in Visa-linked shops and Visa-linked atm machines abroad. But before you travel, call BDO and ask if you need to notify them that you’ll be using your Visa debit card abroad. Atm withdrawal fee abroad is $3.50. Some people have commented here that there are times they weren’t able to withdraw, so don’t rely solely on your BDO Visa debit card for cash.

43. ann on September 16th, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi… I just want to ask if my bdo kabayan savings ay pwedeng e inquire and withdraw money sa hsbc atm machine? And how much is the charge in every transactions? Im here in hongkong right nw at meju malau pu skin ung bdo branch.. thank u pu

44. amiel on September 17th, 2013 7:04 pm

hi..good day..
    i would like to ask if i can use(withdraw) my atm debit card – current account here in singapore..
    because this is my first time to use my bdo atm debit card – current account abroad..
    thanks

45. Nors on September 18th, 2013 8:45 am

Hi amiel, if your atm card has a Mastercard or Visa logo, yes, you can use it there at a Mastercard or Visa-linked machine. Balance inquiry costs US$1 and withdrawal costs US$3.50

46. Nors on September 18th, 2013 9:06 am

Hi ann, is the hsbc machine there linked to Mastercard or Visa (the same with the logo on your card)? If yes, puede. Balance inquiry is US$1 and withdrawal is $3.5. I’m not sure pero baka meron ding charge sa BDO diyan kasi branch din sa abroad yang BDO diyan.

47. arlyn on October 20th, 2013 12:14 am

Hi! i have kabayan savings acoount with mastercard logo, is it possible po ba to withdraw cash kahit no chip on it? Thanx in advance

48. arlyn on October 20th, 2013 12:19 am

By the way BDO kbayan savings account po ako thank you!

49. cielo on October 20th, 2013 2:25 am

hi. im here in USA. I just wanna ask how much is the the limit for widrawal per transaction when I widraw from my BDO Kabayan account ATM? thanks. :)

50. Nors on October 20th, 2013 7:20 am

Hi arlyn, what do you mean by “no chip on it”? Did you open this account abroad, and you have not validated it at BDO atm in the Phils.? If so, you cannot use it yet to withdraw. But if you have validated it already here, then you can use it at an atm that has a Mastercard logo. Note though that sometimes the BDO-Mastercard connection is off.

51. Nors on October 20th, 2013 7:29 am

Hi cielo, BDO’s maximum atm withdrawal limit per transaction is 25k pesos, so that would be around $568, depending on the current exchange rate. Max atm withdrawal limit per day is 50k pesos, and you can withdraw through the atm only 5 times per day.
    But maybe you can withdraw the whole 50k pesos at one time there since 50k is within the atm withdrawal limits there, but I’m not sure.

52. cielo on October 20th, 2013 9:25 am

ok. thank u so much for the info. God bless! :)

53. sheila on October 20th, 2013 6:38 pm

i personally recieve my passbook and the atm debit card at the bdo bank, is it possible that the bank will send another atm card by mail?..my mom told me that she recieved an my atm card.

54. Nors on October 21st, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi sheila, do you mean another atm card of the same account? To replace a damaged or lost card? What I know is that you have to apply for another card in person.
    The atm card that BDO delivers to an address via a courier is the BDO Remit cash card, opened by someone abroad for the beneficiary in the Phils.

55. jingoy morasa on October 27th, 2013 12:37 am

gudday bdo remit team ask ko lang dito ako sa dubai ngayon paano ako mapag open ng account ko para sa savings ko po …i need your reply imediately …thanks bdo team/….godbless…

56. Nors on October 27th, 2013 2:40 am

HI jingoy, open a BDO Kabayan account at a BDO Remit partner there, like UAE EXchange or Al Ghurair. There’s one who commented here that Kabayan is no longer offered abroad, but I’m not sure if this is true for all BDO remittance partners. Just please check. By the way, sorry this is a personal blog and not operated by BDO, although we write often about BDO. God bless too.

57. Estrella on October 31st, 2013 10:43 pm

hi bdo..
    may i know how much can i withdraw for one transaction a day in an ATM there in Queensland Australia..Using my BDO Kabayan Savings MasterCard with Maestro/Cirrus Logos..and how much $ charges for ATM withdrawals and for valance inquiries..
    please help me…thanks

58. Nora on November 1st, 2013 1:16 am

Hi Estrella, atm withdrawal fee abroad is US$3.50 per withdrawal. Maximum withdrawal amount per day is 50,000 pesos (around A$1,218). Here in the Phils, the maximum amount per withdrawal at BDO atms is 25,000 pesos; I’m not sure if you can withdraw the whole amount of A$1,218 there at one time.

59. Naomi on November 19th, 2013 1:04 am

Hello I’m here in singapore and I’m using debit card bdo . My concern is I enroll via bdo electronic banking and I need to activate by using activation code to bdo ATM . There is no bdo ATM here in singapore to activate my electronic banking. Please advice what am I supposed to do ?

60. Taraki on November 19th, 2013 3:40 am

Good day, can my family send money throuh my bdo atm kabayan, im here in saudi,and can i withdra the money here? What is the maximum amount of money that i my witdraw here in saudi? Thanks.. .

61. Nora on November 19th, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi Naomi, if you like, you can ask a trusted person who’s coming to the Phils to bring home your atm card and then activate your online banking in the Phils. But there is of course risk in this process. And you’ll be solely responsible if this trusted person turns out to be not worth your trust. Or you can wait for your current online banking enrollment to expire, and then enroll again, and check if there’s still this option at the beginning of the enrollment process — “I don’t have access to a BDO atm machine.” If this option is still there, this means you can apply again, then print your acknowledgment page, sign it and then send by postal mail to BDO Buendia Paseo de Roxas branch, Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City, Phils

62. Nora on November 19th, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi Taraki, did you activate your atm card in the Phils? Does it have a Mastercard logo? If yes, your family can deposit to your Kabayan account here, and then you can withdraw at a Mastercard-linked atm machine there. The charge is US$3.50 per withdrawal. The maximum amount will depend on the atm withdrawal policy there — how many riyals per withdrawal. For BDO, the maximum atm withdrawal per day is 50,000 pesos. But if the money is very important/for emergency, I think it’s better if they just send you the money through Western Union, because I cannot assure you that your atm withdrawal there using your BDO card will work all the time.

63. judith marie balquin on November 25th, 2013 2:31 am

hi nor good day, just want to ask if how much would be the charge if i use my bdo kabayan atm debit card swipe to buy some items? is there any charges? i apply my bdo in the philippines but now im in qatar i use to swipe to buy item… thanks god bless

64. Nora on November 25th, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi judith, does your atm card have the Mastercard logo? I think there’s no outright fee, but Mastercard will gain income from the exchange rate. God bless din.

65. belinda on November 27th, 2013 4:13 pm

Good day!
    Ask ko lang po kung pedi pa din gamitin ang kabayan ATM kahit wla na sa abroad or wla na narerecv na remittance from abroad,, pero nasa maintaining balance…

Thanks

66. Nora on November 28th, 2013 8:00 am

Hi belinda, yes, puede. Malamang na-convert na yan into a regular passbook account, so maintain the 5k maintaining balance, so you will not incur a below-maintaining-balance penalty. If you have time, you can also ask your branch if your account is still a Kabayan or already a regular account.

67. Don2x on November 28th, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi may tanong lang po ako makapag withdraw ba ditto sa UAE and ATM DBO kabayan saving card? kung puede po magkano naman ang maximum na ma withdraw ko in dirhams per day….

thanks & Regards,
    Don2x

68. Don2x on November 28th, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi I’m still waiting for your reply regarding my question its very helpful po ang reply nyo…..

Regards,
    Don2x

69. Nora on November 29th, 2013 10:47 am

HI Don2x, you can withdraw there if your atm card has a Mastercard logo. Look for an atm machine with Mastercard logo. But take note that the BDO-Mastercard link does not work all the time. US$3.50 fee per withdrawal. The maximum atm withdrawal per day is 50,000 pesos; convert this to dirhams.

70. Wendy on December 4th, 2013 5:13 am

Hi.ask ko lng po,kung saan bank ako pwede mg withdraw or check ng balance ko dto sa kuwait. ATM ko is BDO KABAYAN SAVINGS.ty. I’ll wait for your reply as soon as possible

71. Wendy on December 4th, 2013 5:16 am

I need to inquire my balance para alam ko kung pumasok nga yung dineposit ko dto sa kuwait.how can i inquire?

72. Wendy on December 4th, 2013 5:22 am

Please. Im waiting for your reply. I need to know as soon as possible. Thank you

73. Nora on December 5th, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi Wendy, meron bang Mastercard logo ang atm card mo? Look for an atm machine with Mastercard logo. Balance inquiry fee is US$1 to 1.50. Withdrawal fee is US$3.50. You can also track your remittance sa BDO Remit Inquiry sa bdo.com.ph

74. Jasmine dimaampao on December 8th, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi po,ask ko lang,meron po ako BDO kabayan debit,pwde po ba ako mag widraw dito sa saudi arabia? May logo po mastercard,cirrus and megalenk..thank you po!

75. Jasmine Dimaampao on December 8th, 2013 10:42 pm

Magkaanu po ang pwde ko e widraw d2 sa ksa? Thank you&god bless!

76. Nora on December 8th, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi Jasmine, yes, basta working yong BDO-Mastercard link at the time you’re withdrawing. Balance inquiry fee is US$1 or 1.50. Withdrawal fee is US$3.50.

77. Stella on December 23rd, 2013 12:31 am

Hello po… OFW po ako dito sa bansang Qatar.
    Gusto ko lang po itanong kung bakit laging error yong pag enroll ko sa ebanking bdo. nilalagay ko naman po mobile number ko d2 sa qatar tas yong card number sa face ng card ko tas yong account number pero ala pa din.
    Tagal ko na po itong tinatry pero di ako maka enroll sa site.

No ba dapat?

78. Nora on December 23rd, 2013 8:25 am

Hi Stella, you try entering your mobile no. sa Philippines, baka ayaw ang foreign phone code. At siguro naman, sinusulat mo yong 00 before your account no. By the way, activation of your ebanking registration is through a BDO machine in the Philippines. Hindi ko sure kung meron pa yong option na “I do not have current access to a BDO atm machine” during ebanking enrollment, in which case you’re going to print your acknowledgment page, sign it and then mail it by post to BDO Makati at Buendia-Paseo branch.

79. kae ann on December 23rd, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi po. Just want to ask kung pwede ko po ba magamit sa qatar ang bdo atm debit card with mastercard logo for deposit and withraw cash?

80. Nora on December 24th, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi kae ann, puede lang for atm withdrawal and balance inquiry. Hindi puedeng deposit. Sometimes also, the BDO-Mastercard link does not work, so try some other time.

81. haydee on January 2nd, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi po! Ask ko lang po san ako pede magwithdraw dito sa dubai? Bdo kabayan savings mastercard gamit ko..thanks!

82. Nora on January 2nd, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi haydee, look for an atm machine with a Mastercard logo. withdrawal fee = $3.50. Note that sometimes the BDO-Mastercard link is off.

83. mae on January 12th, 2014 10:59 pm

hi po..BDO Kabayan savings holder po ako, inquire ko po kung pwede ako mag apply ng visacard?

84. Nora on January 13th, 2014 6:38 am

Hi mae, are you referring to the BDO visa credit card? You can apply with your valid IDs, ITR, latest payslips, cert of employment and income or audited income statements. Landline phone no. is required.

85. aj on January 29th, 2014 9:42 pm

Gud pm ask ko lng po if may instances po b na my charge ang pg swipe ng bdo kabayan savings sa mall like sa grocery? Im currently working here in riyadh and im wondering if why every time na ng checheck po aq ng balance 100sr po ung nbbwas? And its almost 1000pesos I hope you can clear this thankyou!

86. Nora on January 29th, 2014 11:46 pm

Hi aj, ang alam kong merong charge ay yong atm withdrawal, which is 3.5 US dollars. Atm balance inquiry ay 1 or 1.50 US dollars. Kung merong charge yong debit sa grocery, dapat 3.5 dollars lang, which is around 160 pesos lang, much less than 1000 pesos na nae-experience mo. Will get back if I see something

87. aj on January 30th, 2014 8:04 pm

Ah hindi q din po ksi ma check sa passbook q ksi dla xa dto kaya hndi q alam kung bt my charge ng ganun kalaki? Im trying to call the customer service ng bdo pero hndi q po ma contact. Thankyou

88. Ken on January 31st, 2014 11:02 am

Ask ko Lang po sana ,pag nag deposit po ba ang asawa ko from Saudi Arabia sa aking kabayan savings accnt. Dto sa pinas at holiday po matatangap ko din po ba on the same day o kelan po matangap

89. Nora on February 1st, 2014 5:21 am

Hi Ken, depende sa remittance company na pagpapadalhan. Merong within the hour; meron ding the same day, or next day. Pag holiday dito, at for deposit sa BDO, usually hindi available agad pag BDO account. Ask him to shop around doon kung anong remittance company ang mabilis doon.

90. twinkletoe on February 5th, 2014 6:35 pm

hi, tanong ko lang po, yung BDO ATM Debit Card ko po is my Megalink Logo. Saan na atm po ako pwedeng makapagcheck ng balance ko if wala po ako sa Philippines? Thank you in advance!

91. Nora on February 6th, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi twinkletoe, sa abroad, you can withdraw/inquire balance at an atm machine with Mastercard or Visa logo, depende kung Mastercard or Visa ang logo sa atm card mo. Megalink is a Philippine network, so pang-local lang ang card kapag Megalink lang ang logo on the card.

92. Janice Olsiman on February 9th, 2014 8:40 am

Hi good morning, ask ko lng po sana kung bakit DO NOT HONOR nkalagay sa bdo mastercard ko nong bumili ako ng groceries dto sa brunie samantlang sa bf ko ok nmn.. ano kayang posibleng dahilan??please help salamat

93. Janice Olsiman on February 9th, 2014 8:58 am

Hi gd am, ask ko lng po sana kng bkit DO NOT HONOR yong lumabas nong pinaswipe ko dto sa grocery store sa brunie yong bdo master caed ko? Ano po kayang problema non? Please help thank you.

94. Nora on February 9th, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi Janice, check mo na lang kung merong reason dito na possible sa situation mo: you have exceeded your credit limit, you have not paid your latest due, your card is expired, your card is damaged, your card is new and you did not activate it. Call BDO or use this BDO contact page: https://www.bdo.com.ph/contact-us

95. Janice Olsiman on February 10th, 2014 5:44 pm

D po ba automaticaly activated na yon pgka na change na yong pin number nya?

96. Nora on February 11th, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi Janice, I thought you were asking about credit card. Whew! Yes, if it’s debit card, and you have successfully changed the PIN, it’s already activated. Call na lang BDO why it was not honored.

97. Eric Calaque on February 12th, 2014 6:02 pm

How much is the withrawal limit for bdo abroad?

98. Nora on February 13th, 2014 5:34 am

Hi Eric, the same as local limits, converted to the currency in the country where you are. Maximum limit per day is 50k pesos and only 5 atm withdrawals per day.

99. reymalin on March 5th, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi po..
    I just want to ask po if anu yung mga requirements sa page open ng bdo account dto po sa Singapore?

100. Nora on March 5th, 2014 7:03 pm

Hi reymalin, bring your passport and another ID (Singaporean ID or SSS ID or voter’s ID). Bring your OEC if you have. Plus around 5 Singaporean dollars. In the Philippines, the initial deposit is 50 to 100 pesos.

101. Cristopher on March 11th, 2014 2:58 am

Good day! ask Ko Lang po for the requirement of my employer to send mo on my BDO Kabayan accnt. Hindi Ko rin po na enroll yung ATM Ko s internet
    Swift Code#
    Sort Code#
    IBAN#

BR,
    Cris

102. Nora on March 12th, 2014 11:20 am

Hi Cris, the Swift code of BDO is BNORPHMM. BDO does not have sort code or routing code or IBAN (this is only for US banks). For bank-to-bank transfer using a BDO correspondent bank, what are needed are only your account name, bank name, bank branch, account no. and BDO swift code and your contact address and phone nos. If your employer uses a bank which is not a BDO correspondent bank, your employer’s bank will use a third bank to connect your employer’s bank to BDO. Here are BDO’s correspondent banks

103. Guillermo Manalo Asi on March 14th, 2014 11:09 pm

Good day!My wife had our January 26,2014 statement,with the enclosed information that “your BDO VISA GOLD Card has been replaced with a new Chip Card bearing 2018 expiry”, but unfortunately, up to now, she did not receive anything, only the February 26,2014 statement. Can my wife call the customer service to follow-up for this matter?? And also, we went to our branch in POEA last December 2013 when I had my vacation, to request for a change of our address, but up to now, the two statements for this 2014 still had the same old address. Thank you & God bless!!

104. Nora on March 15th, 2014 8:43 am

Hi Guillermo, BDO officers usually advise that it should be you calling BDO because you’re the cardholder, but since you’re abroad, your wife can try calling BDO asap to ask about the new chip card info in your Jan statement. They might ask some personal data to verify identification. About your change of address, it might take them some time to change it, or did they ask you to submit proof of current address like a Meralco bill? You can email them, to follow up on your change of address request, attaching a scan of your proof of address.

105. Cristina on March 23rd, 2014 9:16 pm

Hi tanung k LNG po kng pwd k magamit ung bdo ATM ko dto Singapore it’s a saving account thank u po …

106. noyjoreb on March 24th, 2014 3:50 am

hi ma’am, ask ko lng po. meron po kabayan account with mastercard logo. Puedi po ba ako mgpurchase sa amazon.com or ebay using this account? thank you in advance.. have a nice day.

107. noyjoreb on March 24th, 2014 9:41 am

hi ms nor, ask ko lng po kng puedi gmitin ang kabayan account with master card logo to purchase online like amazon and ebay? thanks in advance.. more power…

108. Nora on March 25th, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi noyjoreb, sorry hindi puedeng pang-online payment ang Kabayan card. Itong cards ang mga puede: Smart Money, GCash, Union Visa Eon, BPI EPrepaid, and other Visa or Mastercard debit cards na hindi primarily savings atm cards.

109. Dolly on March 25th, 2014 11:43 pm

Gudpm. Magkanu po kaya ang charge ng bdo visa credit card pag gnmit ko siya dto sa taiwan?thanks

110. Nora on March 26th, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi Dolly, I checked just now and the foreign transaction fee is 2% of peso amount. You can also check the back of your statement of account; usually the fee is written there. Yong exchange rate from taiwan dollars to peso ay depende rin sa Visa exchange rate on transaction date.

111. amie on March 28th, 2014 10:21 pm

hi..ask ko lang po magkano ang withdrawal limit here in taiwan using my bdo debit card and sa mga 7-11 atm machine..thank you…

112. Nora on March 29th, 2014 8:17 am

Hi amie, ang maximum limit per withdrawal ay depende sa mga machines diyan, pero huwag ka lang lumampas ng 25k pesos per withdrawal at 50k pesos per day, and not more than 5 withdrawals per day. Mag-calculate ka na in taiwan dollars para alam mo yong i-enter mong numbers when you go to the atm.

113. me-an on April 1st, 2014 7:11 pm

Hello ms amie! Magwwdraw sana ako this afternoon using my kabayan ATM card. I was disappointed to know that block daw ang card ko. I wonder why? :-( I tried to use other metro bank ATM machine, pero same response ng machine. What do you think is the reason? I wasn’t able to check it with the bank personnel anymore coz banking hours is over. Maybe I’ll try to ask tomorrow. :-(

114. Nora on April 2nd, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi me-an, usually naba-block ang atm after you’ve entered a wrong PIN 3 times, or when BDO wants you to appear at the bank. You can call BDO 631-8000 even at night.

115. Jun on April 4th, 2014 11:57 pm

Hey guys…I enjoy my my ATM BDO Kabayan savings MasterCard herein abroad thru ATM withdrawal and swiped my purchases in military stores.. It’s so convenient.

116. Nora on April 5th, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi Jun, thanks a lot for sharing info. Are there extra charges for your purchases at military stores? Thanks.

117. Camille on April 12th, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi!good evening!question..i received my BDO kabayan saving account this saturday and i changed the pin on same day.they said that i can use the atm on tuesday since its weekend.i also registered it thru online for electronic banking and activated thru atm machine the electronic banking activation the same day that i activated my atm card. The question is, can my electronic banking be activated even when initial atm card activation will be granted the other day?i was worried about this coz there is no bdo machines available abroad to activate my electronic banking..thank u

118. Nora on April 14th, 2014 8:39 am

Hi Camille, if the atm showed “Your online banking activation is successful” then your online banking should already be activated. Try logging in now. You will be asked to answer questions or fill in some blanks. Then you can explore most other features of your online banking. This means your online banking enrollment is successful. It’s great that you immediately enrolled in online banking.

119. Ric on April 21st, 2014 4:50 pm

Mam, Ask ko lang po kung pwede ko magamit ang BDO ATM DEBIT CARD sa payment po sa renewal ng aking international certificate sa UK? Thank u po!

120. Nora on April 22nd, 2014 11:23 am

Hi Ric, do you mean you’re going to pay online? Sorry you can’t use that card to pay online. Get a Smart Money card (BDO partner) or a GCash card. Go to a Smart store with your phone with Smart mobile no. and at least 120 pesos, your photo ID and your renewal payment. If your mobile no. is Globe, get a GCash card. Tell them you need the type of card that you can use online. Other options are Union Bank Eon Visa card and BPI EPrepaid Mastercard card.