Can you now claim your Pag-ibig retirement benefits?
There are only five conditions in which you are allowed to get your Provident retirement benefits.
Under the sixth reason — death — beneficiaries will get the benefits.
You should be in one of the following conditions before you can claim:
- You are 60 years old or older.
- You have 240 monthly contributions or more and you are 45 years old or older.
- You have permanent and total disability.
- You have been formally separated from service because of serious illness.
- You have immigrated to the U.S. or another country.
- You have already retired from the SSS or GSIS.
- You have retired from your company under your company’s early retirement plan and you are 45 years old or older.
- Death. Your legal beneficiaries will get your benefits.
For each of these conditions, you have to submit proofs.
Here is a copy of the Pag-ibig Benefit Claim Form
On the Provident claim form, you can see the list of required documents. The type of required documents depend on your reason for retirement.
Before you go to Pag-ibig Fund, the best things to do first are to:
- List the companies where you worked, addresses of these companies, and dates when you worked in these firms.
- Go to Pag-ibig Fund and ask for a copy of your contributions. Go to the Pag-ibig branch where your last company is making its Pag-ibig submissions. Bring 2 valid IDs.
- Check if all your Pag-ibig monthly contributions are included.
- If there are missing contributions, think if these could have been submitted in another Pag-ibig branch. Companies usually make submissions to the Pag-ibig branch nearest to them.
- If you need to, request for a consolidation of records. This is a copy of the Pag-ibig Request for Transfer of Members’ Records form.
- If you’re making a claim for your parent or relative, have a SPA or Special Power of Attorney. This is a copy of the SPA for Pag-ibig Claims.
Other Related Forms: