Pag-ibig Retirement in the Philippines — Process Your Claims Quicker

February 21, 2010 · Filed Under Career/Work, Pag-ibig

If you’re nearing retirement and you’ve had more than one employer, check as soon as you can if all the records of your contributions since your started contributing to Pag-ibig are already in one branch of Pag-ibig.

Pag-ibig does not consolidate the records of members whose employers are located in different Pag-ibig jurisdictions; it expects its members to consolidate their records.

It takes months to consolidate, so start now.

Ipunin mo ang records mo sa isang Pag-ibig branch lang

My husband, who had two employers and who also continued paying as a voluntary member while working abroad, had to track his contributions and consolidate them in one branch before he was allowed to submit his retirement claims.

The dollar-denominated Pag-ibig Overseas Program, however, is really separate. You make your claims separately at the Gil Puyat, Makati branch.

By the way, my husband has paid more than 240 monthly contributions, so he was to able to file a claim. But he’s still waiting because of the consolidation process.

Update as of March 2011:

My husband’s claim, which was processed over a span of several months in 2009, was rejected because Pag-ibig counted only 231 contributions. Pag-ibig advised my husband to pay nine monthly contributions, either monthly, quarterly, or at one time, but has to wait for 9 months before he can file his claim again.  We didn’t yet refile because we decided the money can earn more with Pag-ibig than with a time deposit. We can use it for my daughter’s tuition fees in her higher years in college.

Related Articles:

PAG-IBIG Branches in Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Bulacan
Pag-ibig Retirement Linked to Pag-ibig Housing Loan

Comments

40 Responses to “Pag-ibig Retirement in the Philippines — Process Your Claims Quicker”

1. Rosabella Manansala on June 28th, 2013 10:15 am

Good day po,,, may i ask , how can my mother claim the burial benefit of my father who passed away last june 9 tnxhope you answer my mail

2. Nors on June 29th, 2013 3:08 am

Hi Rosabella, did your father get his Pag-ibig savings before he died? I ask because you’re asking about burial benefit. Because if your father had already claimed all his Pag-ibig funds before, then he’s no longer eligible for burial /death benefit (It’s not like SSS).
    If not yet, here’s the Pag-ibig provident claim form The requirements are listed in the claim form

3. Rosario San Juan on August 9th, 2013 3:20 pm

I just retired from my company, AIG Phils. Insurance, Inc, Our company undergone several transitions where the company name was changed fromtime to time. Do I need to summarize ors state all the names of our company for the year it chaned its name or just the latest one which is AIG?

Thnak you.
    R. san Juan

4. Nors on August 10th, 2013 10:52 am

Hi Rosario, since you’re now claiming your retirement, I think it’s best if you write all the names and time periods, to help Pag-ibig in their cross-checking of contributions, especially if your company relocated and filed with a different branch. You can request for a copy of your contributions to check if all your contributions were remitted and posted.

5. Odylon M. Sabino on November 8th, 2013 3:26 pm

My Pag-ibig number is 0008 116568 04. There was a confusion on whether I already claimed all my Pag- IBIG Funds. I would like to verify if I was able to claim it based on Pag-IBIG records.

I retired from my last employer July 2009.

Thank you so much for your kind attention!

6. Nora on November 10th, 2013 7:27 am

Hi Odylon, sorry I don’t have access to Pag-ibig records. You need to go to your Pag-ibig branch with your ID and ask.

7. henry on November 13th, 2013 11:49 am

empleyado po ako ng gobyerno since 1985 to 1995 tapos lumipat po ako sa private company yung number ko po ba noong nasa government service ako eh parehas pa rin ngayong nasa private company na ako?

8. Nora on November 13th, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi henry, yes, pareho lang dapat. Pero kung hindi pa Pag-ibig MID noon ang Pag-ibig no. mo when you were in government (kasi merong temporary Pag-ibig noon), it’s also possible that your MID will be different. Register online at pagibigfund.gov.ph so you can get your correct MID. If you already registered online before, you will get the same MID as long as you enter the same basic personal data.

9. erlinda mecate on November 25th, 2013 2:32 pm

my makukuha po ba ako sa early retiremens ko january 2013 ng mag early ako.ano po kailangan?

10. Nora on November 25th, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi erlinda, are you 45 years old or older? If yes, you can file your claim. One of the requirements is a notarized certificate of early retirement from your employer. Read the instructions on this form: http://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/DLForms/provident/PFF040_ApplicationforProvidentBenefitClaim_V02.pdf

11. Joy Anne Montevirgen on December 7th, 2013 1:25 pm

Greetings!
    I just want to know if what is the requirements for PAG-IBIG retirement? Thankyou

12. Nora on December 8th, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi Joy Anne, ito yong main claim form: http://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/DLForms/provident/11282013/PFF040_ApplicationforProvidentBenefitsClaim_V02.pdf
    Nasa lower portion ng form ang mga requirements

13. carlo on December 13th, 2013 5:00 pm

good day… ask ko lang po..
    yung father ko po kasi is 56 years old na..
    nagwork sya before for 11years sa PNCC and separated last 2008 due the closure ng company..
    pwede po kaya sya magclaim ng early retirement? may contribution po sya ng 11years..
    di na po sya makakapagsecure ng certificate of early retirement sa employer because of the abovementioned reason.
    thanks po…

14. Nora on December 13th, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi carlo, sad to say, wala ang company closure sa list ng puedeng reasons to claim Pag-ibig retirement benefits. Kung younger than 60 and less than 240 contributions, kelangang merong early retirement program ang company at merong certification from the company na nag-avail ng early retirement ang member.
    pero magtanong pa rin as Pag-ibig para sure.

15. Ash on January 8th, 2014 1:35 pm

I’m 48 years old. There’s a requirement na pag gusto mo ng mag-retire early, kailangan may notarized certificate of early retirement. Kaso hindi alam ng company kung paano gawin ang certificate. Nagtanong ako sa pag-ibig wala naman silang sample ng certificate. Paano ba ang gagawin? I need to get my retirement benefits.

16. Nora on January 9th, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi Ash, puede lang ang early retirement na option kung merong private early retirement program ang company. Nasa letter A. 3. a. sa likod ng claim form. I-certify ng company that you were an employee of the company from mm/yyyy to mm/yyyy and that you have availed of the company’s early retirement program on mm/dd/yyyy, and that your last day with the company was mm/dd/yyyy, then pa-notarize.

17. zenaida E.hilario on January 28th, 2014 1:40 pm

Good day ! ako po ay 62 years old na. nakapag retire na po ako sa SSS. nung kini claim ko po ang aking maturity o savings sa PAGIBIG ay ayaw po nilang irelease kasi po nalampasan na daw po ako ng age na pinaprocess ang ganung claim na age 60 daw po. BAKIT NAMAN PO GANYAN ANG PATAKARAN NYO SA PAG IBIG. SABI NGA PO NI ATTY BERBERABE SA PAGIBIG MAKAKAMTAN ANG PINAGHIRAPAN. eh pano po yun kung di na ako umabot ng age 65 tulad ng sinasabi dito ng branch nyo sa Calamba,Laguna.ano po b ang dapat kong gawin para marefund ko na ang aking savings sa pagibig. salamat po

18. Nora on January 28th, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi zenaida, it’s my first time to come to know na merong sinabing ganyang rule about Pag-ibig retirement. Baka mali ang interpretation nila sa Calamba. Ang alam kong merong one-year window period for claiming ay yong partial withdrawal (dapat sa 10th or sa 15th year lang). About retirement, ito ang rule na nakalagay sa likod ng claim form at sa Pag-ibig law: A. When to File: 3. Retirement — a member shall be compulsorily retired under the Fund upon reaching age 65. He may, however, opt to retire earlier under the Fund upon the occurrence of the following:
    a. his actual retirement from the SSS or GSIS
    Nag-retire na po kayo sa SSS, so puede nio nang kunin. Wala namang sinabi dito na dapat exactly age 60 ang age para mag-claim. Wala ring sinabi na there’s a one-year window to claim retirement at age 60. Nasa Calamba po ba ang records ninyo? Kasi puede po kayong mag-inquire sa talagang branch ninyo. Puede po kayong tumawag sa Pag-ibig 724-4244 or email publicaffairs@pagibigfund.gov.ph
    I hope maka-comment uli kayo rito kung ano pong update at kung nakapag-file na kayo ng claim.

19. leoni on January 30th, 2014 10:21 am

Ive been in different companies for so many years, ur right I need to consolidate all my contributions.5 yrs na ako s company pinapasukan ko, 7 yrs s Makati, ung iba pa contract contract lang na inabot din ilang taon paghuhulog, to make
    it short I was a member of pag ibig since 80′s.
    and still a member up to present, my question is;

> do you have a min number of contribution para s abihin s member na stop ka na magcontribute.. just wait for your withdrawal/claim?

>what if our company doesn’t have early retirement benefit, shall I wait for my age 60?

>How about the TVA? when and how can we claim it.i understand for that benefit na dapat naka 5 yrs ka na member?

Sana mabigyan linaw mo mga question ko..salamat

20. Nora on January 30th, 2014 3:20 pm

Hi leoni, if you like, you can stop contributing after accumulating 240 contributions (20 years). With at least 240 contributions, you can claim your savings plus dividends at age 45. If you have less than 240 contributions and you don’t have a private early retirement program, yes, wait till you turn 60. Or you can complete your 240 contributions, so you can claim your savings between ages 45 and 60.
    Do you mean TAV? Ito yong mga savings and dividends, or contributions and dividends. Ito yong makukuha mo at age 45 or age 60.
    Ang nakukuha after 5 years ay yong Pag-ibig 2 or MP2. Ito yong optional savings program. Puede kang mag-join nito if you like. Minimum is 500 pesos per month: http://www.workingpinoy.com/2013/02/sss-flexi-fund-pag-ibig-mp2-investment/

21. mau on February 7th, 2014 10:41 am

hi mam nOra,ask ko lang po paanO po,kung bAbguhin ko ung spelling ng surname ko and i file ko po sa pag ibiG para po mtransfEr lahat ng hinulog .froM ochea to ochia..sa antipolo branch po kasi nag huhulog..dapat po bang doon ako mag pa bago?hindi po ba kahit sa ibang branch nalang?.sana po matulungan nyo po ako,salamat po

22. Nora on February 9th, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi mau, parang nasagot ko na ito :) Hindi pa centralized ang records ng Pag-ibig, so dapat sa Antipolo branch ka mag-file ng Change of Member Data form. Bring your ID and birth cert (orig and xerox).

23. francisco lim manzano jy on February 11th, 2014 3:11 pm

Gusto ko pong malaman kung kailang makuha yng retairment ko po naka pag file na po ko last jan from 7 o 14 2014 po yata follow up ko po kung meron na kc po tawag po ko ng antipolo opis wala po raw, pinag follow up ko sa QC, ganuon din po sa QC locall 6000.

24. Nora on February 11th, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi francisco, i-follow-up nio po sa branch kung saan kayo nag-file. Bihira po yata ang processing na 1 month lang; ang nababasa ko ay 2 months or more.

25. Althee Caleon on February 13th, 2014 1:26 pm

Gud am. Ang alam ko mag 20 yrs na ako nagcocontribute sa pagibig next yr pero yung 1995 up to 1998 ibang company pa pinapasukan ko. Masasama ba sa counting yung previous ko up to present kasi im planning to get my dividend sana.

26. Nora on February 13th, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi Althee, before you file your claim, consolidate your records at your current Pag-ibig branch so all your contributions through different companies will be included. Use the Transfer of Member Records form. For earlier filing of claim, you must be 45 years old or older and you must have accumulated at least 240 contributions.

27. jun on February 15th, 2014 11:44 am

im 60 years old this march. my pag ibig contribution is from 1996 to 1999. can i claim a retirement. if yes, how.

28. Nora on February 15th, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi Jun, yes, you can file your claim after your birthday this March. This is the primary claim form. The requirements are listed in the back of the form or in the lower portion of the form. See “Basic Retirement” and letter B. http://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/DLForms/provident/11282013/PFF040_ApplicationforProvidentBenefitsClaim_V02.pdf

29. Claudy on February 25th, 2014 10:48 am

Good day Ma’am. I have been a member of Pag-ibig since March 1999 to March 2012 (13 yrs) Unfortunately the company I was employed with underwent closure and we were offered an early retirement plan. since then I was unemployed and still am , I could not continue paying for the contributions. : I am 43 yrs old and getting hired at this age is not an advantage. Is there a process on how I can refund/ claim my contributions at this point in time ? I wish to put them to good use instead, since I cannot continue paying for the contributions for more than a year now.
    Kindly advise. Thank you

30. ruth aboabo on February 28th, 2014 5:38 am

good day po.OFW po ako.3 yrs pa lang po ako nakakahulog sa pag ibig,if after 5 yrs ng hulog ko,gusto ko na pong kunin ung hulog ko with all the dividends,pwede po ba?
    salamat po

31. Nora on February 28th, 2014 7:15 am

Hi ruth, yong mandatory Pag-ibig contributions ay makukuha mo at age 60 or when you’ve accumulated 240 contributions upon turning 45 or older. Ang nakukuha after 5 years ay yong optional Pag-ibig or MP2.

32. rosario garcia on March 19th, 2014 3:42 pm

Good day mam,

I am a member for less than ten years because I resigned from my work? Do I have any separation benefit and can I claim it now? I am 35 years old

33. Nora on March 20th, 2014 3:36 am

Hi rosario, sorry, you can claim your Pag-ibig benefit only when you turn 60 years old. There’s no separation benefit from Pag-ibig. Members who have accumulated 240 contributions can claim their benefit when they turn 45.

34. Arnel on March 24th, 2014 3:21 pm

Hello Mam Nora, napatigil po ako ng hulog nito lang July 2013, sa dahilan marami po akong pinagkagastusan, kung magbayad po ako ay good for 12 months/1 year…tanong ko lang po kung pede pa ba na bayaran ko yun mga nagdaan buwan na hindi ko nahulugan? magbayad po sana ako ng from July 2013 to June 2014. Pangalawa ko pong tanong kung mag increase po ako ng monthly contribution ko, mag fill up pa po ba ako for increasing monthly contribution? Salamat po.

35. samuel aquino on March 27th, 2014 10:09 pm

kailan ko makukuha ang maturity ko nag file ako last feb 27 pa po bakit kami pinabalikbalik e sabi 3 wks bakit gano,,,, tnk

36. Nora on March 28th, 2014 11:57 am

Hi samuel, marami sigurong claims. Next time you follow up at their office at wala pa, ask for a phone no. to contact for follow-up

37. marlon on April 7th, 2014 10:14 am

ok lang ba kung hindi po nag loloan sa pag ibig,hanggang sa mag retire?
    nakuha ko na yung ten years ko 5 years ago.
    hanggang ngayon nag huhulog ako ng pag ibig.
    pero hindi na ko nagloloan.
    ano ba mabutimag loan or hindi?

38. Nora on April 7th, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi marlon, it’s best that you do not take out a loan, since you don’t need the money. It would be nice to have more money at retirement. Just keep your receipts, so you can countercheck when you have time to go to your branch and ask the amount of your total accumulated values (TAV).

39. Jesusa L. Villaflor on April 11th, 2014 10:46 am

I am 60 yrs old na po, puede ko na po ba makuha yun mga na contribute ko sa Pag-ibig? saan ko po ba makuha it?o may ID po ako ng Pagibig. Ano pa bo ba kailangan para madala ko po pag punta ng Pag-ibig office. Maraming salamat po.

40. Nora on April 14th, 2014 7:33 am

Hi Jesusa, yes, puede na. First, write on paper your employment history, names of companies, addresses and employment dates. Para madali ang pag-fill-up mo ng form later on at para ma-trace nila kung complete ang posting of contributions. Then you can go to the Pag-ibig branch where your employer remitted your contributions and fill up the claim form. Bring your NSO birth certificate and 2 valid photo IDs. View the Pag-ibig claim form