SSS Educational Loan — Up to 20K Per Sem

February 16, 2013 · Filed Under loans, SSS

Update December 17, 2013:

Sad to say, effective last December 4,  hindi na tumatanggap ang SSS ng Initial Application for Educational Loan.  Bakit? Kasi nai-allocate na lahat ng pondo for about 59,600 students who have already received their first loans.  Existing funds will be used to finance the subsequent loan applications of these students.

In short, naubos na ang 7-billion-peso fund for the Educational Loan Program. Nai-budget na lahat. Nai-allocate na lahat.  No more Initial Educational Loan applications will be accepted.  Only Subsequent Educational Loan applications will be processed. SSS says that the Educational Loan program will re-open once the first borrowers begin paying their loans.  Or siguro, kung merong new budget allocation.

Update April 14, 2013 —  SSS has increased the maximum loan amount to 20,000 pesos per semester and has improved the rules!

Last February 13, 2013, my friend received from the postman her first SSS educational loan check, after filing her loan application on February 1 at an SSS branch. The next day after filing, she saw on her online SSS account that her loan check was already generated. Just 12 days later, on February 13, she got from the postman her registered mail that contained her SSS loan check

For her second SSS educational loan application, in July, amazingly, it took again only 12 days from date of application to her receipt of her loan check!  Wow!  Applause to the SSS Alabang branch! sss-loan-check

You can apply for this newly launched SSS Educational Loan program too.

It can be for your child already in college or in vocational school, or your child who is entering college this next school year. It can also be used by you yourself or your spouse. If you’re single, you can apply for your sibling or half-sibling.

Requirements:

1. Your actual monthly salary is not more than than 25,000 pesos per month.

2. Your last SSS monthly salary credit is 15,000 pesos or lower.

3. You have paid at least 12 monthly contributions.

4. You have paid the monthly contribution for at least 1 of the past 3 months.

5. You are not delinquent in your SSS housing loan or salary loan.

Documents to Submit:

1. Filled-up and signed application form. Note: There is a portion in the loan application form which the school needs to fill up and sign.

2. Your SSS ID or 2 valid IDs

3. Xerox copy of your SSS ID or 2 valid IDs

4. Assessment or billing statement from the school

5. Xerox copy of the stamped SSS E1 form of your child, spouse or sibling. (Your child or sibling needs to get his/her own SSS no.)

6. Your proof that your actual monthly income is not more than 25,000 pesos: Can be one of these documents:

- Pay Slip (original and xerox), if employed

- Pay envelope (original and xerox), if employed

- Certification of Income from Employer, if employed

- Latest BIR-stamped ITR, if self-employed

- Your notarized Affidavit of Income, stating that your actual monthly salary is not more than 25,000 pesos, if self-employed or voluntary

How much can you borrow?

For college students — up to 20,000 pesos per sem

For vocational students — up to 10,000 pesos per sem

The loan amount will depend on the actual total school fees that you will pay, up to 20k  for college students, and up to 10k for vocational students.

Example:  If your beneficiary is a college student, and his school fee total this sem is 18,000 pesos, your loan amount will be 18,000 pesos. If his school fee total is 35,000 pesos, your loan amount is 20,000 pesos.

Other Notes:

1. The loan check will be payable to the school, but delivered to you via registered mail.

2. You’ll pay your loan in installments starting after 18 months from date of release of last loan check. Payment term is up to 5 years for college students, and up to 3 years for vocational students.

3. Interest rate is 6%, imposed only on half of the total loan amount.

4. Your school must be CHED-accredited or TESDA-accredited.

5. For the next semester, you need to file another loan application, using another form titled Application for Subsequent Release of Educational Assistance Loan.

6. If you are Married, you are entitled to apply for two beneficiaries. If you are Unmarried, you are entitled to apply for only 1 beneciary. Once your application is approved for yourself or your beneficiary, you can no longer substitute another beneficiary.

7. If your spouse is also an SSS member and he/she is also qualified for this loan, you can apply for 2 beneficiaries each so that you can support a total of 4 beneficiaries, for example, your 4 children.

Comments

160 Responses to “SSS Educational Loan — Up to 20K Per Sem”

1. Mae on February 17th, 2013 11:02 am

You’re blog is really helpful and informative.

Thank you for taking time to inform us of the SSS Educational Loan.

Does the amount of loan vary per member?
    Do you have any idea on how the payment scheme works? When it will start once you have the loan? How many months to pay?
    If I understand it correctly, even if you have a loan from the previous semester, you can still avail of this loan for the next semester (provided it is for the same person/student)?
    Can voluntary members avail of this loan?

Sorry for the many questions.

2. Nors on February 17th, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi Mae, yes, voluntary members can avail, as long as they have paid at least 36 contributions and 3 of these were paid within the 12-month period before application. The friend I mentioned above is voluntary. She also has a salary loan, but it’s being paid on time.
    The loan amount depends on the actual cost (the school assessment you submit). If the assessment is 15k or more, SSS will lend you 15k. If actual school fee total is less than 15k, SSS will lend you the actual school fee total.
    Yes, you can apply for the loan every sem. You can borrow up to 15k every sem.
    Payment for the loan starts 18 months after the last loan check. That means about 1 1/2 years after the last sem (date of last loan check released).
    You choose no. of installments: 12, 24, 36, 48, 60 months (if college). 12, 24, 36 months (if vocational)
    Only one student for each member is allowed. No substitution or no change of student.
    Thanks for appreciating my blog.

3. apryll on February 22nd, 2013 8:51 pm

this website helped me a lot since am looking for further information..

anyway i just wanna ask if a graduating student (from college) can avail this loan?..am a beneficiary of my dad’s sss (deceased). am on my senior year in college now and about to graduate this march, unfortunately my mom couldn’t afford to pay my existing bills in school…we might only be applying for this sem, would that be fine?..

my mom would like to avail this loan if in case.. thanks much..and looking forward to hear a feedback from you real soon.

4. Nors on February 23rd, 2013 3:24 am

Hi apryll, you and your mom can examine the educational loan form; this is the form https://sites.google.com/site/informationphilippines/sss-forms/educational-loan-forms. Look at the School’s Certification portion. You have to fill up “No. of years to finish the course” and the lowest no. is 3. I’m not sure if you can check this no., 3, as you’re finishing your course this sem. Your mom can to go to SSS, or call SSS and ask. By the way, if you have a younger sis or brod, maybe it would be better if they’re the ones who would avail of this loan, since this loan can be availed of by an SSS member for only one beneficiary.

5. kristine on February 23rd, 2013 4:14 pm

good day , i have just received my check from SSS, and it is payable to the school as we know. can i not withdraw it myself from the bank ? i only have 5000 php left in my account in the school, and the amount of the check that i have now is 9600 php. so there is an excess and the school is not giving back the excess amount to the students. thanks , im expecting for a reply.

6. Nors on February 23rd, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi Kristine, do you mean you asked the school cashiers and they told you they’re not going to refund the excess? Most schools would refund the excess, but it will take months, perhaps. Sad to say, you cannot encash the check as you’re not the payee.
    Will your child enter the same school next sem? How about using the excess amount as partial advance payment for next sem?
    Or you can also use this check to pay for next sem (if the same school) this May or June (the check would still be good as it would still be within the 6-month validity period, assuming your check was issued this Feb; please count). But again there would be excess if you get the next loan check. So the advance payment could be the better option. Or you talk with the cashier/accounting/finance head.

7. Mae on February 24th, 2013 8:22 pm

Good evening.

Miss Nors is the 6% interest good for the whole duration of your chosen installment(i.e. 5 yrs) or is it annually?

8. Nors on February 25th, 2013 7:34 am

Hi Mae, 6% is annual. I’ve read in earlier SSS announcements that the rate is imposed only on HALF of the total loan, as half of the funds were given by the national government. But in the loan form, it does not say it, so I’m not sure. By the way, on the SSS home page today, the news item about educational loans say that the annual rate is 3%, so it must be true that only half will bear the interest rate.

9. kristinna on March 9th, 2013 6:41 pm

i am planning to enroll for summer class this summer, can i have a subsequent SSS educational loan for this, or not ?

10. Nors on March 10th, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi kristina, I’m not sure, but based on their educational loan form and instructions, they process only for the semestral period. But you can ask SSS; they might consider.

11. adriane on March 16th, 2013 9:49 am

i still have remaining P19,000.00 salary loan and paying it updatedly. Can I avail of this educational loan for my child who is now going to college?

12. Nors on March 16th, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi adriane, yes, you can apply for an educational loan for your child even if you have an existing salary loan… because your salary loan is updated. Check also the other educational loan requirements described above.

13. dex on April 10th, 2013 8:02 am

Can this loan be applied to a FIVE year (or more years) college course eg; Accountancy / Medicine/ Law? Thanks.

14. Nors on April 10th, 2013 10:09 am

Hi dex, the loan rules did not specify the maximum no. of years, but in the loan form’s check box where you check your current year, the highest is 5th year. For medicine and law proper, we have to ask SSS.

15. rocheall on April 11th, 2013 12:27 pm

can i loan for my siblings education?

16. Nors on April 12th, 2013 4:23 am

Hi rocheall, yes, but only if you’re unmarried, and it’s for only one sibling, and the same sibling all throughout — substitution is not allowed.

17. Mae on April 18th, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi! Pwede po ba na ang gagamit ng loan is the SSS member mismo, if babalik sa school to finish the studies?

18. Nors on April 19th, 2013 6:53 am

Hi Mae, yes, as long as the member is qualified. Check requirements and eligibility above. best regards

19. jess on April 25th, 2013 1:00 am

hi miss nors. ive been unemployed for 2yrs so ganung katagal na rin po ako di nakapagcontribute, but i’m planning to study again. will i be able to avail educational loan for myself by paying as a voluntary member? i was also wondering if they have minimum amount of contribution, kasi parang may nabasa rin ako sa mga blogs na depende sa contribution yung amount na loanable. thanks…

20. Nors on April 25th, 2013 5:58 am

Hi jess, yes, you can contribute again so you can apply for this educational loan. No, there’s no rule about minimum contribution; you can choose 104 pesos or 156 pesos or any amount. The loan amount will depend on the actual total of school fees that you will pay, up to 20k, and not on your SSS contribution amount.
    It is the Salary loan that depends on monthly contribution amount. best wishes on your study plans.

21. JOI on April 27th, 2013 7:28 am

Hi nors!say for example ,I already enrolled my brother in ADU and I just paid half of the tuition fee for the first semester,given that the maximum loanable amount is say,20k,and since i already paid 8k ,can i just use the remaining amount to buy him new clothes,shoes,utilities he’ll be needing in school?can i withdraw the check?thanks :) have a good day!!!

22. Nors on April 27th, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi JOI, the name on the check (Payee) will be ADU so only ADU can encash the check. Ask ADU cashier/finance if they’re refunding excess payments. Explain to them why there’s excess payment. In other schools, excess payments are put on hold and used to pay for the next semester. Have a good day too, and wish you blessings as you support your brother through school.

23. Kat on May 2nd, 2013 7:03 pm

Can I still submit my application even if I don’t have my assessment/ billing statement from my school? Our general registration is scheduled on June 4-6, 2013 so I can’t have them now. Thank you.

24. Nors on May 2nd, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi Kat, SSS needs the assessment/billing statement, so they will know how much to lend to you. Technically, you cannot apply for this loan in advance because there’s a portion in the application form where the school will certify that you are already enrolled or has applied for enrollment.

25. remy on May 3rd, 2013 1:04 pm

paano kopo malaman kung approved yong educ. loan para sa 2 anak ko? pag binigay ba yong acknowledgement stub sayo ng sss, ibibg ba sabihin noon, approved ang educ loan ng 2 anak ko.below 25 ang salary ko at lahat naman na submit ko kailangan para sa educ. loan.paano ko malaman kung approve napo at mag kaka tseke na para sa school?

26. Nors on May 3rd, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi remy, you can check your online SSS account. It says there if your application has been examined and later if your check has been generated. The checks will be delivered via registered mail within 2 weeks after check generation. If not yet enrolled, here’s how to enroll: http://sssphilippinesnotes.blogspot.com/2013/02/how-to-enroll-in-online-sss.html

27. Kat on May 3rd, 2013 7:12 pm

I read that xerox copy of the stamped SSS E1 form of your child, spouse or sibling. (Your child or
    sibling needs to get his/her own SSS no.)is one of the requirements. How can I get my own SSS no? Do I need to have it before submitting the application or can I get it when I’m at the office to submit the application? My sister is going to file this loan for me. Thank you.

28. Nors on May 4th, 2013 1:16 am

Hi Kat, yes, you can get your SSS no. on the same day. Bring your NSO-issued birth certificate (orig and xerox), fill up E1 form, and then submit to get your SSS no. Xerox this SSS-stamped E1 form, and then submit your educational loan application documents, including the E1 form copy.

29. Kat on May 4th, 2013 10:19 am

Ok Nors. Thank you so much for answering my questions. Have a great day ahead. God bless.

30. Nors on May 5th, 2013 6:56 am

Hi Kat, thanks too for appreciating my answers. God bless too

31. melissa on May 9th, 2013 8:09 pm

I applied for educational assistance loan and submitted the complete requirements last May 2 , 2013 in Imus branch unfortunately I didn’t receive any confirmation the status of my application. I even tried checking it through online on my account.
    No date/s specified on the acknowledgement stub for me to at least verify.
    Thanks! I hope I can be given an answer .

32. Nors on May 10th, 2013 1:24 am

Hi melissa, maybe the encoding and approval time has become longer because of the increased number of applicants. I hope within this week, you’ll see Check Generated or Application Settled in the Loans portion of your online account. From date of check generation or approval, the delivery time via registered mail is about 2 weeks.

33. hazel on May 16th, 2013 10:23 am

hi ms. nors,
    what if my sister’s university don’t accept check for her school payments?

34. Nors on May 16th, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi hazel, I’m assuming your sister’s university don’t accept personal checks, but they should accept SSS checks — these checks are good as cash — most often they clear the next day. You talk to the head cashier or finance officer, and ask them to please accept SSS educational loan check. If they will not accept, you can file a complaint to CHED or SSS. You can also mention the name of the school here and address and we will email the school.

35. helen on May 20th, 2013 1:52 pm

I applied for educational assistance loan and submitted the complete requirements last April 29, , 2013, in IMakati branch unfortunately I didn’t receive any confirmation the status of my application. I even tried checking it through online on my account.It stated there No application for educational loan, even I gave it already last april 29,2013.How can I verify ?does it take 1 month to approve educ. Loan of sss member? And I though if youre a married member of SSS and qualified you can apply for your 2 daughter’s. Is that possible or not?.. Thanks! I hope I can be given an answer

36. KC on May 21st, 2013 11:36 am

Hi Ms. Nors, What if this case: The student is studying in State University, Polytechnic University of the Philippines to be specific. And the statement/ billing of the school is less than 1000php. Would SSS grant it? If would be great help for semeter allowance. Thank you…

37. Nors on May 21st, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi helen, maybe processing takes longer now because of the increased number of applicants. Keep checking your online account to see if your application is already encoded. About 2 applications, yes, you can apply for your 2 daughters — it’s in the new circular for SSS educational loan.

38. Nors on May 22nd, 2013 3:15 am

Hi KC, the amount of the loan depends on the actual school fees paid, so in effect, you will be applying for a loan of less than 1,000. Feeling ko parang it’s not worth the effort and the expenses for the documents. At babayaran mo rin ito later on. Manghiram ka na lang kaya sa tita mo. wish you the best in your studies and future career

39. christian cadiz on May 28th, 2013 4:34 pm

hi,
    I apply for educational assistance loan last may 27, 2013 at SSS PASIG SHAW brach,,,how many days should I wait to confirm if my loan is approve and how many days to receive the check,, thanks…

40. Nors on May 29th, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi christian, when this loan was newly launched, it took only about 12 days from application and check generation to check delivery. But now it takes longer because of the suddenly large number of borrowers. It’s taking about a month now. You can check your application through your online SSS account. How to Enroll in online SSS

41. Shiela on June 5th, 2013 5:16 pm

Hello I would like to ask if i can apply for sss educational loan assistance in any SSS branch? I am employed and our company SSS branch is in Makati. Is it ok if i will file it in SSS Marikina.My sister will file it on my behalf and Makati is too far from where we live. Another,Am i still qualified to apply for educational loan for my brother even if i have an existing salary loan. I only got the salary loan check last week May 29 and will start paying on July 2013.
    Hope to hear from you. Thank you and God Bless

42. Richelle on June 7th, 2013 1:38 am

Hi, regarding po dun sa assessment, can we request one from the school even the student is not yet enrolled? And the last time I went to the SSS branch here in our area (Malabon), hindi pa daw updated/posted ung last 3 months of my contribution ko, which is one of the qualification and that I should address the concern to my employer so they can do update in the remittance. When I checked back with my employer, they said they remitted the contributions already for this quarter and even assured me that they have receipts of payment(1st quarter of 2013)from SSS. Late lang nga kaya ung posting and what should I do about it? And kailan po ung start ng application for SY 2014-2015?

Your site is very helpful po and it addresses almost every concern regarding this particular topic. Thank you so much!

43. Nors on June 7th, 2013 6:44 am

Hi Richelle, yes, you can most likely get an assessment with your child not yet enrolled, but there’s a portion in the loan application form where the school needs to certify and sign that your child is enrolled or has applied to enroll. If you’re planning to apply for school year 2014-2015, then your contributions would have been posted by then, so contribution posting would not be a problem. Application for the loan would be every semester; so the good thing to do is enroll early with minimum down, and then apply for the loan. Processing took only 2 weeks when the program was new. But as the number of applicants increase, it’s now taking longer. Loan amount would be the same as the total of school fees up to 20k. Thanks a lot for appreciating my blog. Makes me happy. best regards

44. Nors on June 7th, 2013 8:02 am

Hi Shiela, yes, you can apply in Marikina because it’s where you live. Sabi naman ng SSS ay nearest your place of work or residence. Yes, you can apply for an educational loan even if you have an existing salary loan, as long as it’s updated. And I think your loan is considered updated because your first payment is not yet due.

45. Ana on June 7th, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi Ms. Nors. Thank you for your blog. It’s very helpful and informative.
    I also applied for the loan on May 27th and it was encoded on my SSS online account on June 3rd, showing the details of my loan. I checked back after 2 days and saw that the check has been generated dated the same day the 3rd of June. I hope I would also be able to receive the check within the 2week time frame.
    Again, thank you for this blog. It gave me just the right info I was looking for. God bless.

46. Nors on June 7th, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi Ana, thanks a lot for sharing and for appreciating my blog. Makes me happy. It’s good that your check is already generated; some are complaining here that their applications have not yet been encoded.
    God bless too.

47. iyah on June 11th, 2013 11:47 am

Hi po,

I just found out about this Educ loan recently. My brother is my beneficiary, he’s in hi 3rd year in college and I would like to apply for the Educ loan next week. Do they have a cut off date when we can only apply for the Educ Loan?

Thanks for the answer. super helpful po ang blog niyo.

48. iyah on June 11th, 2013 11:49 am

Pedi din po ba ito provincial Ms. Nors?

49. iyah on June 11th, 2013 11:52 am

Ms Nors, pahabol po pala, may i have an existing salary loan. Cna I still avail of this Educ Loan? thansk po sa answer. Godbless:)

50. Nors on June 12th, 2013 1:47 am

Hi iyah, no, SSS does not have a specific cutoff date; but you should apply just before or at the start of the semester because SSS issues the loan check to the school — meaning para makahabol yong check na pambayad sa school. Processing may take 2 to 3 weeks or more. Also, application is done every semester.

51. Nors on June 12th, 2013 1:50 am

Hi iyah, yes, puede sa province. Basta CHED-recognized ang school. Loan processing may take longer if in the province. Yes, you can apply for an educational loan even if you have an existing salary loan, as long as you’re updated in paying your salary loan. God bless din.

52. Mart on June 14th, 2013 7:38 am

Hi po!

Officially enrolled na po ako at naipasa na ng mother ko lahat ng requirements sa SSS. Ang hinihintay na lang ay iyong check. Pero gusto kung mag work muna, at plano kung mag total withdrawal ng mga subjects ko. Is there any way na ma-cancel iyong loan? Or kung darating na iyong check, pwede ba namin isauli iyon sa SSS?

53. Nors on June 14th, 2013 9:27 am

Hi Mart, this is my first time to encounter this concern, so sorry I can’t give an accurate advice. But I’m sure you can return the check (antayin na lang yong check kasi na-generate na, I assume, kasi sabi mo inaantay na lang) with a letter to SSS explaining your reason for canceling. Include also a statement that you hope in the near future, SSS will consider your educational loan application when you file your loan again. Include in your letter the check no., loan amount, issuing bank branch, payee and date of check. Xerox the check and letter for your copy and have SSS stamp them with Stamped-Received mark with date and signature.
    But of course before you do this, it is better to go to SSS and ask about the process. What’s important is that you get a documentary proof that you returned the check and was accepted back by SSS. Check later on in your online account if there’s something like check returned/check cancelled.

54. Richelle on June 14th, 2013 11:30 am

Hello,

Can SSS pensioners/ retired members still apply for Educational loan for their qualified dependents? Are they still eligible for this?

Thanks!

55. Nors on June 15th, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi Richelle, I’m not very sure about my answer, because this is my first time to encounter this question. But I will base my answer on the requirements. Baka hindi puede, kasi 2 of the requirements are: must be currently contributing member, and at least 1 contribution within the past 3 months before application (hindi na nagco-contribute ang retired member). Baka meron kang sibling na member, or yong parents mo. Or if you can register properly and get approved as self-employed, and pay contributions, so that after one year, puede kang mag-loan.

56. Josier on June 17th, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi, I very much appreciate your blog. The gray area in my understanding is about the due dates and duration of payment.. Let me site an example, if the first check is released/dated in July 2013, the due date is 18months after that check, or Jan, 2015 (payable in 60months)? If the subsequent check is received/dated in November 2013, the due date is, April 2015 (payable in 60months also)? Then so on.. the same with the subsequent checks assuming the application is 2-semesters for 5years? Enlighten me please. Thank you.

57. Nors on June 17th, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi Josier, you will start to pay your Total educational loan about 1 year after graduation, or 1 year after you decide to stop borrowing. It’s not every after semester. About a year after you complete your course, your semestral loans will be added together or consolidated. Then madagdag ang mga interests for each of the loans from date of check to date of consolidation.

For example, you borrow 20k every sem for 5 years, then your total principal is 20k x 2 x 5 = 200,000 pesos. Hindi lang ito, idagdag pa ang mga interests on each loan from date of check up to date of consolidation/computation. Yong total ng mga checks at ng mga interests ang i-amortize at 6% a year at babayaran mo monthly starting about 1 year after graduation over 3 to 5 years, depending on the loan term you selected.
    Pero yong half of the principal loan lang ang merong interest. Half of the loans were from the national government and has zero interest. The other half is from SSS and has 6% annual interest.
    Thanks for appreciating my blog.

58. Josier on June 18th, 2013 9:48 pm

Very well said, thank you. Thank you very much.

59. Miles on June 20th, 2013 6:31 am

Hi Ms. Nors, ask ko lang po. Nag apply po ako ng Education loan and base sa Online SSS acocunt ko, check generated on 6-14-2013. Ang tanong ko po, san po ba idedeliver yung check? Sa home address ko or sa School address? At how long it will takes po bago ko ma-receive?

60. Nors on June 20th, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi Miles, the check will be delivered via registered mail to your home address. Estimated delivery via your local postman is 14 days after check generation. It may take longer kasi marami nang loan applicants.

61. Miles on June 21st, 2013 2:05 am

Thank you so much for answering my questions Ms Nors.

62. ryllien on June 29th, 2013 7:44 am

Hi Nors, Since before I didn’t contribute to my SSS. I plan to continue my SSS and contribute for voluntary member non-working spouse. I would like to ask, Am I qualified to apply for voluntary non-working spouse even if my husband is foreigner?

63. Nors on June 29th, 2013 10:59 am

Hi ryllien, sorry you can register as non-working spouse only if your husband is an active Philippine SSS member. If you were not an employed SSS member before, you need to register as self-employed. Present proof of your source of income, such as sales commission (Avon, insurance agent) or business registration. Fill up SSS RS1 form

64. Jane on July 4th, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi! I’m wondering if I can avail of the educational loan as my salary is more than 25k/month.I am a single parent and this will program is very helpful for us. I hope to avail this soon since my daughter’s tuition is close ro 35k per sem. Thank you!

65. Nors on July 5th, 2013 8:47 am

Hi Jane, it’s frustrating that the maximum monthly salary allowed is 25k, but it is. It’s their policy. One of the required documents is the pay slip or pay envelope or employer’s certificate of income. So makikita ng SSS na you’re earning more than 25k a month.

66. jojo on July 8th, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi Nors, ask ko lang..married na kasi ako, pero wala kaming anak..pero may kapatid akong nag aaral sa college 2nd year na siya..patay na kasi ang father ko na member ng sss, ang tanging nag papa aral lang sa kapatid ko yung isa kong kapatid at ako din..parehas na kasi kaming married ng kapatid kong yun..pag nag apply kaya ako ng educational loan..ma approve kaya ako? at ang kapatid ko ang ilagay ko??
    salamat

67. Nors on July 8th, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi jojo, sad to say, I think your application will be disapproved because the rule says that only Unmarried members can apply for their siblings. Please ask others too. regards

68. Diane on July 8th, 2013 10:15 pm

Hi,

Just want to ask. Since you mentioned from the previous post that the processing time for educational loan takes about a month to complete. So let’s say I plan to enroll this term (we have a quarter system), do I need to pay part of my tuition fee and will the rest be paid by the loan? Or can I loan the whole amount stated on my certificate of matriculation and use it for the next quarterm?

69. Nors on July 9th, 2013 1:28 am

Hi Diane, yes, you can loan the whole amount stated in your certificate up to 20k. For example, if your total fees for the quarter is 32k, you will get a check of 20k. The check is issued to your school.
    So the best thing to do is to pay the minimum downpayment, so you can get your assessment and so your school can sign your application form, and then use the check later on to pay your balance. If the check does not arrive before your school’s next payment deadline, you can write a promissory note, or you can pay the next minimum. Ask your school if they apply any excess payment as advance payment for the next quarter.
    But your first option also works — using the loan check for the next quarter; anyway checks get stale only after 6 months.

70. lorena on July 11th, 2013 9:51 am

hi po! I’m Lor. Just want to ask if pwede ba maka avail kapatid ko sa sss educational loan na may salary loan pa akong binabayaran? thank u so much!

71. Nors on July 11th, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi lorena, yes, kahit meron kang loan, as long as you’re updated with your payments. You must be single/unmarried, so you can borrow for your sibling.

72. ayan on August 2nd, 2013 12:01 pm

my sister was already issued with check amounting to 10k but the problem is that the check is payable to her school(pamantasan ng lungsod ng pasay)which says that they cannot accept this type of payment since they have no account. what shall we do then?

in case, can we cancel the loan? thanks:)

73. Nors on August 2nd, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi ayan, it’s super suprising that the city school has no bank account. Cash lahat ang transaksyon nila? Paano kaya ang mga pondo? O baka ang accounting nila diretso sa munisipyo? Baka puedeng kausapin nio ang finance head o president ng school para maremedyuhan. Kung hindi maremedyuhan, yes, you can return the check and cancel the loan. Write a letter to SSS telling them you are canceling the loan because Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Pasay does not want to accept the SSS loan check as the school has no bank account. Write SSS loan check no., payee name, date issued and amount. Xerox the check and your letter at pa-stamp and pa-sign mo ito ng Received sa SSS para meron kang proof na isinauli mo yong check sa SSS. Check from time to time your online SSS to see if your loan has already been canceled.

74. Helen Bazar on August 12th, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi! I want to ask if I can avail educational loan and salary loan at the same time. I just filed my salary loan 2 days ago and planning to file educational loan next week.Is it possible? It’s my first salary loan. Thank you so much.

75. Jhayr on August 12th, 2013 10:28 pm

i have Q.. so it means to say that you should be currently enrolled before you can apply for this educ.loan??bec i have a rem bal in my school and i want to pursue my college studies this coming sem. I want to apply for educ loan so that i can pay my bal and be enrolled…hoping for feed back..thanks!! :)

76. Nors on August 14th, 2013 1:30 am

Hi Jhayr, yes, you should be enrolled first because you need the signature of your school in the educational loan application form. But you can ask your school if you can enroll without any downpayment and if they can sign your SSS loan application so you can pay them.

77. jhayr on August 14th, 2013 1:47 am

tnx a lot for that info and answering my Q miss. :D

78. Nors on August 14th, 2013 1:47 am

Hi Helen, yes, you can apply for both loans at the same time. For the next educational loan application, see to it that you’re updated in paying your salary loan.

79. shai on August 18th, 2013 3:39 am

Hello. I just wanted to know if i can take the education loan in the 2nd semestral of the school year? Cause i just got back now from my university. But i will process it this 1st sem? And last 2years im.employed in fast food but only 3months . And i misplaced my sss form. Can i still take the the loan?

80. Nors on August 19th, 2013 9:43 am

Hi shai, you mean you had your school sign your application form but you did not submit to SSS? Yes, you can apply again for this first sem (use another form), but if you have paid the school already, ask them if they will refund you if you give them a loan check from SSS for first sem. You can also apply for second sem, but wait till you have enrolled for second sem before you apply. Or during the sem break, ask your school if they can sign your loan application form for the second sem so you can process it early.

81. shai on August 19th, 2013 1:04 pm

But how about the contribution in sss? Im only 3months employed in fast food last 2years. And i resign and i never contribute again. Cause im unemployed until now after that happen.and my sss the color pink one i missplaced and dont know where. So i should have to take new sss number?Hows that? Can i still take the loan?

82. Helen Bazar on August 19th, 2013 6:32 pm

Can my daughter get an sss number even if she’s only 16 years old? as one of the requirement for educational loan.She’s a freshman college student.thank you.

83. Nors on August 21st, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi shai, sorry I thought otherwise. You must first accumulate 12 contributions before you can apply for an educational loan. I suggest that you go to the nearest SSS with your ID and verify your SSS no. Ask for a verification slip from the guard or the front desk clerk. You must not get a new SSS no. Ask also if your 3 contributions as Employed were posted so you can continue paying as Voluntary. If these were posted, you can start paying using RS5 form.

84. Nors on August 21st, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi Helen, yes, she can. She brings her birth certificate from NSO (orig and xerox). Just in case the SSS officer asks, tell them it’s for educational loan.

85. jhayr on August 27th, 2013 1:47 am

can i apply as early as today?even if the 2nd sem is still 2mos from now? bec i have a rem bal and the form was already signed by our school registrar(Their part) but im not yet enrolled this school year but im planning to enroll this coming 2nd but they wont allow me bec i have past bal that need to be settle first. Im confused with my case, would SSS will grant my loan??why should be the best thing to do??

86. Nors on August 28th, 2013 12:04 am

Hi jhayr, I can’t think so much because I don’t know the details. Please give me details. Did your school check 1st sem or 2nd sem? How much is your remaining balance? What’s the amount written in your school assessment certification? In case your loan check is more than your remaining balance, will the school apply the difference (excess) as payment for the next sem? Are you the SSS member? Or a dependent?

87. jhayr on August 28th, 2013 2:12 am

they havent check any of those, i think they will let me check those one but they signed it up all the bottom part of it like the date, the position, the name of the signee and etc.,i have a back balance of 23k+, Im the SSS member.. they will not accept my enrollment if i cant pay my balance that’s the thing and that’s the reason why i apply for the said loan..

88. jhayr on August 28th, 2013 2:16 am

I was enrolled last school year 2012-2013(first sem only). and also i already got my statement of account stating my balance. would that be okay?? can i use this form since it was already signed up and i will apply this on october(sem break)??

89. Nors on August 29th, 2013 12:37 am

Hi jhayr, I was thinking of how you can apply for a loan for this sem and another for the 2nd sem, but can’t think of a way for both sems. But, yes, you can apply for next sem (2nd sem, school year 2013-2014); you can submit it in early October. You can use that form; fill up the other blanks. About your statement of account, you cannot use that statement of account since that’s for a past sem. They will see the discrepancy in dates. Request for school assessment for next sem ((2nd sem, school year 2013-2014). They should be able to give you an assessment even if you’re not yet enrolled since it’s only assessment.

90. JHAYR on August 29th, 2013 1:44 am

they already accept my application and met up their requirements and qualifications and they gave to me the stub..so you’re trying to say that it will be rejected?? :(

91. Nors on August 29th, 2013 7:04 am

Hi JHAYR, you were asking, so I was just answering with the facts I know based on my and others’ experiences with SSS. If they accepted your application, and have encoded and approved it even with those different dates, then you’re one blessed guy. You then thank the Lord for your blessings. Congrats! Keep pursuing your dreams!
    By the way, did you check 1st sem and wrote school year 2013-2014? Just for additional knowledge from actual experiences. Thanks

92. JHAYR on August 29th, 2013 8:39 pm

hi there,tnx for the time and and effort answering all my Qs, yes i did checked it.About the assessment thing is that a better document rather than the statement of account??because i will pass this all of your infos that i’ve got from you for their references..tnx though! :D

93. Nors on August 30th, 2013 7:48 am

Hi Jhayr, any one of those 2 is good. In the SSS rules, either one of school assessment or statement of account is listed. What I was pointing out was the sem referred to in the statement of account. But if that statement was issued during the first sem, even if it was referring to a past sem, it could be okayed by the evaluator.
    If they accepted your application already, DO NOT submit additional documents until they tell you to.

94. JHAYR on August 30th, 2013 11:13 pm

the sem that was stated there in my SOA was the SY 2012-13(first sem).

95. Nors on August 31st, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi Jhayr, then your application is good because the sem in your statement and in your application form match. Initially I thought the statement referred to an unpaid balance for the previous sem. Great because that means you can again apply for another loan next sem, and so you can focus on your studies and not worry about tuition so much…Are you enrolled online? What’s the status of your educational loan application?

96. Jady on September 9th, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi po..panu nmn po niyan kung a month ang processing, nagsisimula na nang klase ang kapatid ko hindi po parin nakakaenrol kasi wala pa yung check..

97. Nors on September 10th, 2013 9:21 am

Hi Jady, trisem ba ang school ng kapatid mo? Kausapin mo yong school cashier; palagay ko naman puedeng konting down at promissory note. I-print mo yong online approval ng loan at ipakita mo para makita nila na inaantay na lang ang check.

98. Helen Bazar on September 20th, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi! I would like to ask how many weeks will it take before ma encode ung educational loan? I checked online ang it says no educational loan applied..It was almost 1 week since I applied..Thank you.

99. Nors on September 20th, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi Helen, bakit kaya? Usually nae-encode within 1 to 3 days. Baka yong branch mo, dadalhin pa sa another branch, or baka maraming educational loan applicants sa branch na yan. Pag wala pa next week, puedeng puntahan mo yong branch mo, and ask.

100. Helen BAzar on September 23rd, 2013 7:52 pm

THanks. I think I need to go to the branch personally and check.Have a great day!

101. gerry on September 25th, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi! I’m planning to apply educational loan for my brother. I just need to verify if i have the clear understanding of my situation:

It’s almost end of 1st sem, nov is the enrollment for 2nd sem and for me to get the check just in time for the next enrollment, I’m planning to submit the 1st sem assessment/billing even if it’s almost paid. Do you think it’ll be approved or better yet enroll my brother for 2nd sem then apply for the loan? As much as possible i need the check before the enrollment day so that i won’t be required to shell out money. I have a lot of expenses to cover aside from his tuition.

How do they assess the amount of loan? Is it from the total amount of tuition or the unpaid balance for that sem? Because I’m thinking since almost paid na ang current sem small amount na lang ang i-release sa loan. What do you think?

Btw, I admire you answering the tons of questions very patiently. You’re very helpful. Thank you! :)

102. Nors on September 25th, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi gerry, I think you can still apply for 1st sem, using your 1st sem total assessment (not the statement of account with the small balance amount) and having the school check 1st sem on the loan form. SSS uses the total assessment (not the unpaid balance) to determine loan amount. If total assessment is more than 20k, then your loan is 20k. If lower than 20k, your loan is equal to your total assessment. Thanks a lot for appreciating my efforts. :) You’re admirable yourself for financing your brother’s education.

103. chie on October 1st, 2013 4:41 pm

hi po,i just want to know if the educational loan can avail masteral dergee course?thnks po

104. Nors on October 2nd, 2013 12:52 am

Hi chie, sorry I’m not sure. But in the educational loan form, it mentions degree course, and since this is also a degree course, it can be covered. Go to SSS and ask (I hope the staff there knows, since this is a fairly new program, but somebody might be able to help you) or study the loan form, and see if you can accomplish it for a masteral course.

105. armin on October 11th, 2013 11:30 pm

HI PO..AKO PO SI AR-AR
    WHAT IF MY TUITION IS ONLY FOUR THOUSANDS. IS THAT THE ONLY MONEY THAT I GET? HOW ABOUT THE OTHER EXPENSES RELATED TO SCHOOL IT IS NOT COUNTED?

106. armin on October 11th, 2013 11:38 pm

gusto ko rin pong malaman if pwede po ba yong last year assessment fee ko po ? salamat po!

107. Nors on October 12th, 2013 5:10 am

Hi ar-ar, yes, SSS uses only the amount written on your school assessment document as basis for your educational loan amount. So it includes only tuition, miscellaneous, etc. that your school lists on your assessment. If the total is 4k, then SSS will lend you only 4k. If you apply for this 2nd sem, you should present your assessment for this 2nd sem, not your assessment last year.

108. Ayen on October 20th, 2013 8:12 am

Hi! I am unmarried with 2 kids(6 y/o and 9 months old) if I want to apply my brother as my dependent, in the instance that I already paid the loan amount in full during the time that my eldest will be in college, will she still be qualified? since there will only be 1 qualified dependent for unmarried members.

109. Nors on October 20th, 2013 10:44 am

Hi Ayen, yours is the first question I got asking about that situation. And it’s a good question. I think we have to ask the SSS about it. One of the rules say “A member shall be allowed to avail only once…” and maybe it’s because there’s only limited funds (7 billion) for this program and almost 1 billion has already been released. Or maybe they’ll change the rules later on. I’ll try emailing, and let’s see if SSS replies.

110. eley on October 23rd, 2013 7:51 am

Hi! inapply po kc ako ng father q sa educational loan, sir may ask if pwede poh iencash ang educational loan??

111. Nors on October 23rd, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi eley, sori hindi because the check is issued to your school. The check is in the name of your school, so you give the check to your school to pay your tuition.

112. Helen BAzar on October 25th, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi!I want to ask if san ko hihintayin ung check from sss. I checked online, check generated na po mga 3 weeks na..So san ko aabangan ung check sa house or sa school dadating ung check? thank you

113. Nors on October 25th, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi Helen, your check will be delivered via registered mail to your home address — the address you wrote in your application form

114. remilyn on October 27th, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi. I just ended up my contract this August in my lat work. And Im planning to continue my degree in UP Los Banos, i already have 2 1/2 years. and maybe in 2years i could finish the course. I had 31 contributions in SSS. Am i qualified for the educational plan? thanks a lot. please email me.

115. Nors on October 27th, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi remilyn, yes, you’re eligible. Pay your contribution for at least 1 of the 3 months before applying. Salary credit should not be more than 15k. Show cert of your separation from work or cert of income of not more than 25k per month. Remember that loan amount is based on actual school assessment up to 20k, so expenses for books, dorm, etc are not included.

116. Joey on October 29th, 2013 11:54 pm

Hi, Ms. Nors. I’d like to ask if I’m eligible to avail for the program? I have only 22 months monthly contribution and my salary is below P15,000. Thank you.

117. Nora on October 30th, 2013 7:23 am

Hi Joey, yes, you’re eligible. Make sure you have paid at least 1 contribution within the past 3 months before applying. If you have a salary loan, make sure also that it’s updated.

118. Eduardo on November 6th, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi, i am going to apply educational loan program for my brother. Pero ang last na hulog ko pa ay nung february kasi nawalan na ako ng work that month. Pwede po ba ako maka-avail ng ganitong loan program? or I must need to be a self-employed member of sss??thanks in advance.

119. eduardo on November 6th, 2013 8:22 pm

i am going to avail the educational loan program with my brother as benificiary. My last sss contribution was on february 2013. After that, I was not able to contribute because i am unemployed since march 2013 up to now. I have 30 monthly contributions until february. Am I eligible for that loan?
    If not why? do i need to be a voluntary member to have my contributions up to date?
    Thanks in advance mam.

120. Nora on November 7th, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi eduardo, yes, you’re eligible, but you need to pay 1 monthly contribution (for this Nov, or for Oct if you’re still within your payment deadline), and wait for it to get posted before you file your loan. Use RS5 form and check Voluntary. Enroll online so you can check your SSS records. This is how to enroll in online SSS

121. karen on November 8th, 2013 10:40 am

hi

122. eduardo on November 8th, 2013 10:42 am

please reply asap.thanks

123. Nora on November 10th, 2013 6:52 am

Hi eduardo, why “reply asap”? I have already replied to you. See above. Pay 1 contribution asap using RS5 form. Check Voluntary. Then after 2 or 3 days, register in online SSS so you can check your records. And then apply for your educational loan.

124. Helen BAzar on November 11th, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi! I would like to ask if these two forms are the same?I’m going to file again an educational loan for the second sem.Is it the same APPLICATION FOR EDUCATIONAL LOAN ASISTANCE PROGRAM and APPLICATION FOR SUBSEQUENT RELEASE OF EDUC LOAN?I have two forms with me.Which one to use? Thank you.

125. Nora on November 12th, 2013 9:47 am

Hi Helen, you said “again”, so yes, use the Application for SUBSEQUENT Release of Educ Loan. For 2nd, 3rd or subsequent applications, we use the form with the title SUBSEQUENT…

126. melinda on November 19th, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi!SSS member po ako since 2007 but since then i did not continue for the monthly contribution, i stopped working. I would like to ask if i can avail this educational assistance for my son entering college this coming school year june 2014.I contributed already 235 mos. i am also a pensioner for my late husband.

127. melinda on November 19th, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi!Iam the member of sss, my last payment was 2007. I want to avail this educational assistance for my son. What will i do.

128. Nora on November 19th, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi, melinda, yes, you can avail of the SSS educational loan by paying at least 1 contribution before applying. If you apply in June or July 2014, pay for May or June 2014. Dapat naka-post na before applying; check your online account. During summer next year, your son can get his SSS no. because you need to show a copy of his E1 form. You also need an Affidavit of income since you said you stopped working.

129. melinda on November 20th, 2013 4:51 pm

Thank you very much for the quick response. God Bless po.

130. Anthony on November 23rd, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi! itatanong ko lng po kung hanggang kailan ang deadline ng submission ng SSS educational Loan requirements this second semester…. thnks po

131. Nora on November 24th, 2013 7:52 am

Hi Anthony, wala namang sinabing deadlines ang SSS. Pero based on what I know, basta hindi pa tapos ang semester. Pero file earlier because the approval-to-check delivery process takes from 2 weeks to 1 month or more. Take note din na merong tuition payment deadlines, example before prelims or midterms or finals. Puede ring magbayad muna in cash, pero some schools do not make refunds. Okay lang if the school uses overpayments for the next semester.

132. Lucy on November 28th, 2013 11:45 am

Hi Ms. Nors, my husband is planning to pursue college, our plan is file for the educational loan to finance his studies, however you have mentioned that we cannot file in advance, but is there an assurance that he will be approved for the loan? Coz if NOT, he can no longer continue with his plans since there will be no more financial support. Please help.

133. Helen BAzar on November 28th, 2013 10:30 pm

If i’m going to resign from work, what do i nid to continously use the educational loan for my daughter.thank you so much

134. Nora on November 29th, 2013 10:39 am

Hi Lucy, you cannot file in advance because you need the school to certify this statement in the loan application form: “__ is enrolled/has applied for enrollment”. But if your school signs your loan form even if you’re not yet enrolled, then you can apply before enrolling. Ask also if the school can give you school assessment document even if you’re not yet enrolled. If you qualify based on all the requirements and you submit all documents required, then there’s a big possibility your application will be approved. But of course we cannot be 100% sure. I suggest you also consider city or state universities so you don’t have to worry about tuition fees.

135. Nora on November 29th, 2013 10:51 am

Hi Helen, pay at least 1 contribution, then you wait for it to get posted, then you apply. Actually, the rule is: pay your contribution for at least 1 of the 3 months before application. Make sure your salary loan, if you have, is not delinquent.

136. Roger on November 29th, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi Ms. Nora, pwede bang ipost ng employee ang kanyang sariling contributions if the payments were made but were not posted because ung hr personnel ngresign na at wlang endorsement na nangyari? Thanks

137. Nora on November 30th, 2013 9:27 am

Hi Roger, you can ask your company for a copy of the receipt and the collection list where your name and payments are included, then you can present this to SSS and request for posting.

138. Richelle on December 2nd, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi Ms Nors,

I just have one quick concern. For instance, the student applied for a government scholarship program and qualified for it, like CHED Scholarship. Is he/she still eligible to apply for SSS Educational loan even though he’s already a recipient of the said government scholarship program.

Hope for your reply. Thanks a lot and more powers. :)

139. Richelle on December 3rd, 2013 10:13 am

Hi Ms. Nors,

I just want to know if the applicant is still eligible to apply for SSS Loan even though he is already a recipient of a government scholarship program like CHED Scholarship.

Thank you and more powers. :)

140. Nora on December 5th, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Richelle, if you’re a full scholar and you do not pay any amount to the school, you might not be able to apply. Why? Because you have no expense to submit to SSS. You are required to submit a school assessment or billing statement from your school, and the check will be issued to your school. But if you’re paying your miscellaneous needs such as lab fees, books, etc. to the school, then you can apply to cover this expense. Or if your school is willing to give you a full school assessment document despite your scholarship and is willing to refund to you all the excess from the SSS check, then you can apply. Take note that the SSS loan amount depends on the actual expense, up to 20k per sem.

141. Krisel on December 9th, 2013 8:30 pm

hi,

would like to ask if I can still avail Educational loan though I received my new released check for my salary loan and to start my monthly amortization this coming january 2014 pa?

142. Krisel on December 9th, 2013 9:23 pm

hi,

Would like to ask if I can avail Educational Loan even if I received my newly released sss salary loan and to start amortization on January 2014?

Thanks.

143. Nora on December 10th, 2013 7:50 am

Hi Krisel, yes, you can apply for both loans, as long as you also qualify for the educational loan. Check your online SSS account kung kelan due yong first salary loan amortization mo kasi yon din ang iche-check ng mag-e-evaluate ng educ application mo.

144. jessica on December 19th, 2013 2:21 pm

hello,
    i would like ta ask if i can avail the educational loan this time? thanks and hoping for response!!!

145. Nora on December 19th, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi jessica, first time mong mag-apply for educational loan? If yes, sorry, naubos na raw ang pondo. Wala daw munang loans for first timers. Ang tinatanggap lang na application ay yong 2nd, 3rd or subsequent application.

146. erwen lagsic on January 6th, 2014 7:40 pm

hello.. ask lng po sna ako i am nw studying using sss educational loan.,voluntary po ako, first year college 2nd sem. but my wife is getting pregnant nw so i need to stop my schooling this coming june 2014… pwd pa ba ako mka continue ug avail sa sss edu. loan next 2015 if mg continue nko schooling after mka recover ako wife from pregnancy…i need ur responce pls…thank you so much…

147. Nora on January 7th, 2014 8:24 am

Hi erwen, did you mean you were able to avail of the SSS educational loan during your first sem? If yes, I think you can continue using it in 2015. I’m not sure though because I’m not from SSS, but they didn’t release any rule regarding gaps or missed sems, so I think you can continue availing of the loan. Use the Subsequent loan form.

148. Amy on January 26th, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi Nora, first of all, I would like you to know that I’m a big fun of yours for answering a lot of questions raised on this blog and I really find ways just to read all of those inquiries and your responces to them and I gained a lot of information with regards of this Educ. Loan but then again I have my own question in mind and here it is:

I have my son who is now a second year college student and in the next sem he will be in 3rd year and I am afraid that I can no longer support him and he also know it but he is still pursuing to finish his study then he suggested me that he will work as a part time call center but I will be needing this loan to help him with his school fees amounting to 40k per sem ,Is it possible for him to be qualified for the said educ loan if in his work the company is going to pay for his sss monthly contribution so he will be traced by sss that he have his work that as far as I know sss no. must be issued to him as a req. to traise if he has a job?

Thanks very much! God bless.

149. Nora on January 26th, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi Amy, thank you very much for appreciating my blog. Means a lot to me. I’m so sad that the funding for the SSS educational loan is limited and that the funds have already been used up and allocated to nearly 60k students who will use the remaining funds until they graduate. This means that the educational loan program is no longer accepting new applicants. Maybe when they receive additional funding, they can accept new applicants again. But please ask others too about SSS educ loan updates.
    About eligibility: If you’re the SSS member and you have at least 12 contributions with 1 contribution within the last 3 months, your son, as your dependent, need not be required to have SSS contribution. He just needs to get an SSS no.
    But if he will apply for the loan as SSS member, yes, he needs to accumulate 12 paid contributions. The problem is the educational loan program is temporarily closed for new applicants. Please ask others too about this SSS educ loan. Continue to be strong, and God bless.

150. apple on February 25th, 2014 3:41 pm

bakit naman ang tagal ng check ngaun,,,2 weeks na wala parin,,dati 1 week lang narecve na namin check ngaun wala pa..final exams na this feb 27 i needed the check badly

151. Lorena N. Mangol on March 4th, 2014 11:28 am

kelan po kaya mag re re-open ang sss educational assistance. Nagfile po kase ako November last year for educational loan sa cubao branch kaya lang dami pang hinihingi requirements. Then i asked them kung wala bang deadline ang submission ng application sabi nila wala daw. then i completed all the requirements January this year and filed to sss Pasig branch. Unfortunately closed na daw. after 10 years, I planned to pursue my studies kase umasa ako na may pang support ako sa studies ko thru sss educational kaya lang biglang nag close, though they accepted it but still pending pa din kase wala na pala budget. Magpa final exam na ko and yet i dont know kung san ako kukuha ng pang tuition ko.

Sana po mag re-open na soon…. gusto ko na po kaseng makapagtapos ng pag-aaral. Maraming salamat po at sana po matugunan nyo ang aking kahilingan.

152. Nora on March 5th, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi Lorena, I’m sad to know that you’re late in filing your educational loan. Sayang nakaumpisa ka sana last year. Kasi yong mga nakaumpisa before naubos ang funds ay puede pang mag-loan until they finish schooling. Nasa waiting list ka. Kung merong mga hindi magpapatuloy sa mga na-approve na applicants, maaaring makakuha ka ng slot. Wala ba ang course mo sa EARIST Sta Mesa kasi medyo afffordable ang tuition doon? Or TUP Manila or RTU Boni at Pasig?

153. Luciel on March 8th, 2014 11:24 am

Hi mam..I just want to ask if i could still continue to avail the subsequent release of Education Loan of my brother if I married before he graduate??He is still in his first year.. I am not sure if I can wait for him until he graduate..

154. Nora on March 9th, 2014 10:11 am

Hi Luciel, I think that’s a situation that SSS did not fully anticipate. Parang “oo nga pala ano, paano kaya yong ganyan?”. Ako rin, sori at hindi ko masagot with a definite answer. Basta ang rule nila is puede ang kapatid kapag single ang member. One option is to delay updating your civil status and surname with SSS. I don’t know if there’s a rule to immediately update one’s civil status with SSS. Di ba marami ring hindi nag-a-update ng kanilang civil status and surname immediately to facilitate their maternity benefit claims? Magkakaroon lang ng conflict if you file for maternity benefit and your child’s birth cert shows you are married. If you have time, ask an SSS officer.

155. Jelson on April 5th, 2014 11:19 am

Good morning, ask ko lang, what if mag stop yung student having an educational loan then, he decided to pursue his studies, mga ilang months pwede syang mag-stop??thanks!

156. Nora on April 5th, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi Jelson, sorry wala akong rule na nabasa specific to your question, pero sa new circular nila about change of borrower for the same beneficiary (sa case na magre-retire ang original borrower), sinabi nila doon na kapag na-observe nila na walang subsequent loan for a certain beneficiary, babawiin na nila yong allocation at ibigay sa unang nakalista sa waiting list of new borrowers. At very long waiting list na ito. So blessed ka na nakahabol ka pa. Pero go to SSS and ask, para sure.

157. GRACE CATAPANG on April 6th, 2014 7:45 am

kailan po ulit magrereleased ng memo ang sss educatonal loan para sa nga bagong applicants ngayon 2014

158. Nora on April 6th, 2014 1:39 pm

Hi Grace, inannounce ng SSS last Nov 2013 na waiting list muna ang mga new first-time educational loan applicants, kasi na-allocate na lahat ang pondo para sa 4-year or 5-year na pag-aaral ng mga naunang nearly 60k applicants. If you like, mag-file ka pa rin ng application mo anytime na meron ka nang docs para mailagay ka na sa waiting list. Pero sa haba ng waiting list, baka next year/s na maka-loan, unless merong new funding. Nagkakaroon din ng slot kapag merong mag-stop-schooling sa mga naunang borrowers.

159. Juls on April 12th, 2014 11:40 pm

Hi,Goodpm po!Ask ko lang po kung pwede mag educational loan ang self employed/voluntary? Please reply. Thanks!

160. Nora on April 14th, 2014 8:43 am

Hi Juls, yes, basta meron kang Date of Coverage, you have paid at least 12 contributions, with at least one payment for the past 3 months. Pero sad to say, ang mga new applicants ay ilalagay sa long waiting list. Naubos na kasi ang pondo; may pondo pa naman, pero naka-allocate na sa up to 4th/5th year tuition fees ng mga unang applicants na na-approve.