Here are some updates on BDO bank rules for customers. Some are new; the others are reminders.
Based on new BDO brochure:
- Maximum amount of withdrawal per day = 50,000 pesos
- Maximum number of withdrawals per day = 5 times
- Minimum amount of withdrawal per transaction at BDO ATMs = 200 pesos
- Maximum amount of withdrawal per transaction at BDO ATMS = 25,000 pesos
- Fee for Withdrawal at the ATMs of other banks = 11 pesos
- Fee for balance inquiry at the ATMs of other banks = 2 pesos
- Withdrawal fee at MasterCard Cirrus and Visa Plus ATMs = US$ 3.50
- Balance inquiry fee at MasterCard Cirrus and Visa Plus ATMs = US$ 1.00
- Denied Transaction at MasterCard Cirrus and Visa Plus ATMs = US$ 1.00
- Fee for not maintaining the average daily balance = 200 pesos
- Maintaining balance for peso ATM accounts = 2,000 pesos
- Maintaining balance for peso passbook accounts with or without ATMs = 5,000 pesos
- Maintaining balance for SSS Pension accounts = 100 pesos
- You can make a checkbook request via BDO ATMs. It’s free.
- When you open a new account, you need to:
– be physically present at the bank (not representative, not even family member)
– bring at least two valid IDs (original and clear photocopies)
– bring a recent 1 x 1 photo
Based on personal experience:
At BDO branches inside SM Malls, you can deposit to BDO Cash Cards only up to 6 pm.
– If you’re depositing to more than one BDO Cash cards, you pay 25 pesos for the second deposit. If you don’t like to pay, fall in line again to deposit to the second Cash card.
– You’re not allowed to deposit to a BDO payroll cash card over-the-counter. The teller said it’s because it’s a company-issued cash card. This means you can no longer use the card for your own personal use if you leave your company. (Siempre that means bumili ka raw ng bago para sa sarili mo.)
But I checked if I can deposit to my payroll cash card online, and it worked. (Hope hindi nila i-disable ito. We find ways, di ba sabi ninyo, BDO?)
– If your account is ATM-based (walang passbook), you pay 100 pesos if you withdraw at the counter. Pero kapag nakawidro ka na ng 50K sa ATM, and you need some more, at marami ka pang pera, you can withdraw over the counter for free.
From the BDO website:
BDO account numbers have been changed from 10 digits to 12 digits. But don’t worry, you don’t need to do anything about your accounts; BDO will make the needed changes in your records. You can still use your 10-digit numbers, but you’re encouraged to begin using the 12-digit when you’re depositing, although not yet required.
For peso savings and checking accounts: 00 is added before the 10-digit number.
For US dollar savings accounts: 10 is added before the 10-digit number.
For third-currency savings accounts: 30 is added before the 10-digit number.
BDO Kabayan Maintaining Balance
BPI, BDO, or Metrobank Fees — Why Keep Paying Them?
Savings Accounts in the Philippines with the Lowest Maintaining Balances
BDO Remittance from Australia — Money Transfer to the Philippines