Pag-ibig Membership — Voluntary or Individual Payor

Updates as of November 22, 2012:

Before going to the nearest Pag-ibig branch, you must first get your Pag-ibig MID No. online. Sabi ng Pag-ibig, kelangang meron ka nang Pag-ibig MID No. for all transactions sa branch nila.

MID means Member’s Identification No.

Go to
Then click Membership Registration
Choose Register as New Member
Click Continue
Then fill up the online Registration Form. Kung gusto mong tingnan kung anong information ang kelangan sa form, click mo ito: Pag-ibig Online Registration Information

After you click SUBMIT, you will receive your Registration Tracking No. thru text or email. Keep this number.

The next day or on the second day, go again to E-SERVICES, then Member Registration, and then choose View Registration Information. You will use here the registration tracking no. you have received.

You will then see your PAG-IBIG MID No. Copy it, and then bring this to the nearest Pag-ibig branch. Show your IDs and any proof of your source of income, and then pay your first Pag-ibig contributions. Tanungin mo na rin kung saan ka puedeng magbayad bukod sa Pag-ibig branch.


How to be a Voluntary Pag-ibig Member

There are two types of membership:

  • Mandatory
  • Voluntary or Individual Payor.

I’ll be talking about the Voluntary type or Individual Payor type.

Who can apply for Voluntary of Individual Payor membership?

You can be a Voluntary member if:

  • You’re a Filipino aged 18 to 65 years old
  • You can pay the monthly contribution.
  • You’re not working with a company or organization covered by Mandatory coverage.

Examples of individuals who can apply:

  • Former employees or former OFWs who like to continue their Pag-ibig membership
  • Housewives or househusbands
  • Filipino employees of foreign organizations not under mandatory coverage
  • Employees of organizations not under mandatory coverage
  • Members and leaders of religious groups
  • Pensioners or retirees
  • Barangay officials
  • Other public officials not covered by GSIS
  • Other individuals who have money to pay the monthly contribution

How do you apply for membership?

1. Go to a Pag-ibig branch or an extension office. Bring at least one valid ID and a pen.
2. Ask the guard where to apply for Voluntary membership.
3. You will be assisted by a Members Services Officer (MSO).

Note: Merong konting pagkakaiba ang processes among the branches, kasi may branch na maraming tao, merong konti. May branch na online, merong hindi.

4. Puedeng the MSO will first go over your records via the computer, or you will be asked to fill up two copies of the Member’s Data Form (MDF) immediately.

5. You will be given a copy of your accepted MDF and instructions about your monthly payments.

Meron na ring HDMF Online Registration System:

This is still new, so the processing is not yet complete. You still have to complete your application at a branch or extension office.


If you surf the Pag-ibig website, you are asked to bring only a valid ID when you want to enroll.

But when I went recently to the Pag-ibig Fund Buendia Makati branch, I was told to submit the following requirements depending on my employment status. Click here to see the requirements you need to submit to apply as Voluntary member or Individual Payor.

Related Articles:

PAG-IBIG Branches in Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Bulacan

Pag-ibig Benefits — Retirement Claims

Pag-ibig Retirement in the Philippines — Process Your Claims Quicker


Add a Comment
  1. Hello po. I’d like to ask about first voluntary payment. I am currently unemployed. I registered online for individual voluntary memebership and after 2 days I received a message from pag ibig fund that contains my MID. I understand that I can now pay my contribution using my MID. My question is can I pay my first contribution online? Or is it must that I pay my first contri in pag ibig branch.

  2. Hi Khairiyyah, if this is your first ever payment to Pag-ibig, yes, you should pay at the branch nearest your residence so your records will be based in that branch. If you paid as employed before, meaning your records are already based in a certain branch, you can pay online or at Bayad Center/SM Business Center.

  3. Makakapag loan pa rin po ba kahit volunteer lang po. Private tutor po ako kaya wala po akong maipepresent na proof of income

  4. meron po ba kayong form po na pang individual payment?lahat po kasi nkita ko png company form. salamat po..

  5. Hi Ms. Nora,di ba po may offset and pag ibig for 24months loan na di nabayaran? Pwede pa rin po ba makapag housing loan kahit nakaoffset na ung loan dati? thanks po

  6. Hi Aipholz, yes, pag lumipas na ang 24 months, Pag-ibig will offset. Yes, you can apply for a housing loan kahit meron kang loan offset dati. If you stopped paying your monthly contributions, start paying again now.

  7. Hi april, are you asking about a form to use when you pay as an individual? Pag sa Bayad Center, meron silang transaction form. Yong ibang payment collector, merong payment slip. Pag sa Pag-ibig branch, merong payment order form. What they need there is you present to them your last payment receipt or show them your Pag-ibig MID and what months to pay, and they’ll fill up the payment order form for you. Yong order form ang i-present mo sa cashier.

  8. Hi nag apply po ako ng voluntary un-employed spuose po ako.may asawa po ako pero hindi kami kasal at nasa saudi po sya ngayon.nakalagay po sa requirements n dapat dalhin sa inyo ay kailangan pa po ng working spouse consent pano po yan nsa abroad asawa ko ngayon

  9. hi po. ask ko lang what if wala pa ako trabaho as in hindi pa nakapag work pero meron na akong MID no. pwede ko ba hulugan yung monthly ko 200? (kung kaya naman) thank you

  10. Hi long, sana meron kang pinagkakakitaan kahit irregular para makakuha ka ng barangay certificate confirming your livelihood (buy and sell, etc), then pumunta ka with your ID and certificate sa Pag-ibig branch nearest your residence. Yong una mong payment ay dapat sa branch para valid.

  11. Hello po ask ko lng po sana puede b kming magloan khit wla kni itr..tricycke driver husband ko.ako namn ay nagtitinda ng gulay at isda..pero naghuhulog husband ko ng monthly 400..tbx po sa sagot

  12. Hi Joanne, multipurpose loan ba ito? Kung naka-contribute na kayo ng 24 months or more, puede nang mag-loan. Magdala lang ng barangay certificate katunayan na he is earning money everyday as tricycle driver and that you are earning money from selling vegetables and fish.
    Kung housing loan naman ang tinatanong mo, required talaga ang ITR at business permit.

  13. hi pwede po bang mag advance payment to get full 24months para makapag apply ng salary loan?23months palang po kasi yung hilig ko..thanks

  14. Hi! Gud eve… po mis nora ask ko lng sna kc ofw aq and nid ko po i update ung pg ibig ko paano po kya ako mkkpag bayad d2 po kc aq taiwan… tnx po and godbles

  15. Hi. Private tutor po ako ngayon so wla po Ako mpepresent na proof of income. Teacher po ako DTI so 4yrs n din po ako member ng Pagibig. How can I avail of the multipurpose loan? Thank you.

  16. Hi kris, I hope you’ve paid contributions for at least 5 of the past 6 months. This is a requirement. Ask your barangay for a certificate that you’ve been working as a private tutor and earning money regularly since __. Attach it to your application form.

  17. hello po! ask ko lang po kung magkano ang huhulog ko. kasi last 6 months di na ako nakahulog coz og contractual work. ngayon lang ulit ako mahkakapag hulog. thanks!

  18. Hi paopao, you can contribute any amount for this month, today. Minimum is 200 pesos. Puedeng 1,200 or 1k or more. Your payment will not be posted as payments for past months, but as one payment for this month or next month.

  19. ahh. so di ko na nga po mahahabol yung past months? so dapat consistent na ang hulog ko for the following months? thank you!

  20. Hi po.. I will be resigning in my present employer this coming January 2017 ask ko lang po if makukuha ko sa pag ibig ung contributions ko..tnx ..

  21. Hi bless, sorry no. You can get back your Pag-ibig savings only at age 60 or when you accumulate 240 contributions or when you immigrate to another country.

  22. Hi po. Naitext na po sa akin yung MID # ko. Bagong member lang po ako and I’m currently unemployed. As k ko lang po kung pwede na po ba noong makakuha ng HDMF card?

  23. Hi Jem, ang alam ko, employees pa lang ang nabibigyan nila ng HDMF cards. At dapat meron ka nang contributions. Punta ka sa Pag-ibig branch nearest your residence with your ID and ask if you can start paying kahit unemployed ka pa.

  24. Hi mrs nora ask ko lang po san po merong branch ng pag-ibig dito sa parañaque at nag apply po ako via online po ano po dalhin don sa branch ung number at ids lang po bah?salamat po…

  25. Hi ms nora i wouldlike to ask 34 na po kasi contribution ko wala po akong work ngayon gusto ko po sana maghulog voluntary kareresign ko lng po nung july pwede paden po kaya ako magloan?

  26. Hi i want to apply for Voluntary Payment
    isa kasi akong Virtual Assistant/Online Job and wala kame mapapakitang Pay Slip or company something , ano ba ang requirements for that? tas magkano pala ang contribution montly ba ang bayaran ?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Working Pinoy © 2008-2016 Frontier Theme