Updates as of November 22, 2012:
Before going to the nearest Pag-ibig branch, you must first get your Pag-ibig MID No. online. Sabi ng Pag-ibig, kelangang meron ka nang Pag-ibig MID No. for all transactions sa branch nila.
MID means Member’s Identification No.
Go to pagibigfund.gov.ph
Then click Membership Registration
Choose Register as New Member
Then fill up the online Registration Form. Kung gusto mong tingnan kung anong information ang kelangan sa form, click mo ito: Pag-ibig Online Registration Information
After you click SUBMIT, you will receive your Registration Tracking No. thru text or email. Keep this number.
The next day or on the second day, go again to E-SERVICES, then Member Registration, and then choose View Registration Information. You will use here the registration tracking no. you have received.
You will then see your PAG-IBIG MID No. Copy it, and then bring this to the nearest Pag-ibig branch. Show your IDs and any proof of your source of income, and then pay your first Pag-ibig contributions. Tanungin mo na rin kung saan ka puedeng magbayad bukod sa Pag-ibig branch.
How to be a Voluntary Pag-ibig Member
There are two types of membership:
- Voluntary or Individual Payor.
I’ll be talking about the Voluntary type or Individual Payor type.
Who can apply for Voluntary of Individual Payor membership?
You can be a Voluntary member if:
- You’re a Filipino aged 18 to 65 years old
- You can pay the monthly contribution.
- You’re not working with a company or organization covered by Mandatory coverage.
Examples of individuals who can apply:
- Former employees or former OFWs who like to continue their Pag-ibig membership
- Housewives or househusbands
- Filipino employees of foreign organizations not under mandatory coverage
- Employees of organizations not under mandatory coverage
- Members and leaders of religious groups
- Pensioners or retirees
- Barangay officials
- Other public officials not covered by GSIS
- Other individuals who have money to pay the monthly contribution
How do you apply for membership?
1. Go to a Pag-ibig branch or an extension office. Bring at least one valid ID and a pen.
2. Ask the guard where to apply for Voluntary membership.
3. You will be assisted by a Members Services Officer (MSO).
Note: Merong konting pagkakaiba ang processes among the branches, kasi may branch na maraming tao, merong konti. May branch na online, merong hindi.
4. Puedeng the MSO will first go over your records via the computer, or you will be asked to fill up two copies of the Member’s Data Form (MDF) immediately.
5. You will be given a copy of your accepted MDF and instructions about your monthly payments.
Meron na ring HDMF Online Registration System:
This is still new, so the processing is not yet complete. You still have to complete your application at a branch or extension office.
If you surf the Pag-ibig website, you are asked to bring only a valid ID when you want to enroll.
But when I went recently to the Pag-ibig Fund Buendia Makati branch, I was told to submit the following requirements depending on my employment status. Click here to see the requirements you need to submit to apply as Voluntary member or Individual Payor.