Philhealth Branches — Membership Reactivation

Here are some tips when reactivating your Philhealth membership, based on what we recently experienced.

If you’re a former OFW who paid membership fees when Philhealth was still called Medicare, most probably your record is no longer with Philhealth.  So when you want to be a member again, you will be applying as a new member.

You will use the new membership form, and you need to bring your birth certificate, your marriage certificate (so you can include your spouse as your dependent), and birth certificates (so your children will be enrolled as your dependents).  Bring original and xerox copies.

If your spouse is a former Philhealth member, he/she can’t be enrolled as your dependent even if he/she has not paid his/her membership fees for more than 12 months. This was my case. I was rejected as a dependent even if I haven’t paid for more than 12 months.

What I should do, according to Philhealth, is to write a letter informing them I haven’t paid my premiums for  many months and ask them to allow my husband to register me as his dependent.  I hope Philhealth will address this issue in the coming months, so this type of letter is not needed.

Anyway, I wrote the letter, telling them I’m already inactive, and now I’m a dependent of my husband, who’s a former OFW and now an Individually Paying Member.

Here are the offices of Philhealth:

Main Office:
Citystate Centre,  709 Shaw Boulevard,
Pasig City
Trunkline: new number is 441-7444 (as of July 2011, no longer 637-9999)
Office Hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday

Update as of August 12, 2010: Starting September 1, this branch will hold office at DAP Bldg., San Miguel Ave., Ortigas Center, Pasig City, within the vicinity of SM Megamall. To be sure if the branch has moved before or on schedule, call the office before going there.

Las Piñas Service Office
471 Editha Building, Alabang-Zapote Road,
Las Piñas City
Telephones: 5565374, 5565687, 8015256

Manila Service Office
Marc I Bldg., 1971 Taft Avenue,
Malate, Manila
Administrative – 5216776
Claims – 5232819
Collection – 5233959/5213610
Membership – 5217724/5239842

Caloocan Service Office
Remcor Bldg., Rizal Ave. Extension
between 10th & 11th Ave., Caloocan City
Tel Nos: 3652012, 3652014

Quezon City Service Office
F.R. Estuar Bldg., 880 Quezon Avenue,
Quezon City
Office of the Branch Manager – 3323022
Collection Section – 3323024
Membership Section – 3323132

Rizal Service Office
The Brick Road Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall
Cainta, Rizal
Tel No: 6815111

Makati Service Office
ITC Building, 337 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue,
Makati City

Tel Nos: 897-1598, 897-2759, 897-6329, 897-3337, 899-4506

For those in the Alabang area, the Philhealth office is near SM Southmall.  If you’re coming from Alabang, it’s to your right, after passing Southmall.

The minimum membership payment is 300 pesos (payment for one quarter, 100 pesos per month).  You can pay for 6 months or more.


Effective October 1, 2010, Philhealth premiums for professionals with a family income of more than 25,000 per month will increase to 600 pesos per quarter, or 2,400 per year, and then further increases to 900 pesos per quarter, or 3,600 pesos per year starting in the second year of the implementation of the premium increase.  See Philhealth Premiums for Professionals.

Other Philhealth Branches Are in These Related articles:

Philhealth Branches in South Metro, Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, Lucena

Philhealth Branches in North Metro, Central Metro and Bulacan

Philhealth Requires Nine Months of Prior Payments

No Philhealth Payments Prior, No Philhealth Benefits


Add a Comment
  1. Hi raphael, you should pay Jan 2016 to Mar 2016 to avail, or better, Jan 2016 to June 2016. Pay today or asap because you need to pay before delivery. Pay at Philhealth so you can get a new MDR. If you’ll be the one to register, bring your ID and marriage cert (xerox and orig) and register her as your dependent. If you prefer that she’ll be the one to register, and you’ll be the dependent, it’s also okay. Note that the coverage for normal delivery is only 5k (2k for pf and 3k for hospital cost). 1,750 for newborn care if this is done (fill up another claim form 1 for baby). 1,500 refund from Philhealth if you submit prenatal care ORs.

  2. hi again ms nora. sorry we’re not yet married. If i register her as self employed, can she avail of benefits? and if yes, can I register for her? and what requirements i need to bring. thanks god bless

  3. tanung ko na dn po kung panu process ng sa new born care and prenatal care .. sorry po kung marame ako tanung .. sana matulungan nyo po kame .. thanks and gobless u mam nora

  4. Hi raphael, yes, you can register for her. Download a PMRF form, print it, so she can fill it up and sign it. You can also get this form from a Philhealth Express branch or ask your office/HR. Bring your ID, her ID and authorization letter authorizing you to register for her. Check Informal Sector, No income. After getting her MDR, you pay her premiums. God bless too

  5. thanks for the help mrs nora. so we pay only january to july. then we can avail of benefits?

  6. Hi raphael, collect your prenatal care ORs in your wife’s name, worth at least 1,500. Submit these together with your claim form 1 and MDR. The hospital will forward the receipts to Philhealth.

  7. Hi raphael, yes, pay Jan to June (600 pesos) so you can avail. Pay asap — must be before confinement.

  8. Hi raphael, my mistake 🙂 , it’s 200 pesos a month. There’s a Philhealth branch at SM Aura (7th Floor)

  9. hello! what should we do if we doubled our payments to philhealth? ie: 2 times payment for Q1. Can we correct it or refund? can we update at philhealth express or or at their office?thank you!!

  10. Hi jm, you can use the duplicate payment as payment for the next quarter. Yes, you can go to Philhealth Express (if full-service) and have it corrected. Bring the 2 receipts (orig and xerox)

  11. Hi how to process reActivation of my membership . wasn’t able to pay the contributions for the whole yr last 2015. Your help would be highly appreciated thank you

  12. Hi Mavic, if you’re Voluntary, you can just pay this month for Jan to March or Jan to June. If you’re OFW, pay today for March 5, 2016 to March 5, 2017. If your MDR is no longer clear, pay at Philhealth so you can ask for your MDR.

  13. Hi Ms.nora I have not paid for more than a year. Can I continue paying? Should I pay for the months I was not able to pay?

  14. Hi Nerriza, yes, you can continue paying. No, you’re not allowed to pay for past quarters. This March, until March 31, you should pay for Jan to March 2016 so you’ll be immediately covered. Then pay every quarter. Payment deadline for every quarter is the last day of the quarter.

  15. Hi sheryl, sorry I’m not sure, but I think it’s closed on weekends. Try those Philhealth desk offices inside malls.

  16. Hi! I have been unemployed since December 18 2015..i was not able to contonue my philhealth as individual payor and my husband’s MDR has not yet been updated to list me as his dependent. Im due in the next 2 weeks. Can i still avail of the maternity benefits? If yes, how do i go about filing and claiming? Thank you!!

  17. Hi Ms. Nora! Ask ko lang po. Since I’m pregnant and ang due date ko po is January 2017. Pwede po ba ako magbayad ng semi anually for 1200? If not, kung quarterly lang ang pwede ko bayaran for 600 pesos makakaabot pa po ba ako pra magamit ko ung sa maternity benefits ko? Kung quarterly lang po ang pwede. Pwede din po ba ako magbayad ng aug-oct and nov-jan ng sabay para makaabot ako sa due date ko? Nabasa ko kasi 9months contribution within 12months of availment? Thanks! 🙂

  18. Hi CZA, nag-changed na ang rule. Payment of 3 months within prior 6 months na (current month is included in the counting). Make sure that your Oct to Dec 2016 quarter is paid. You can pay July to Dec now, to be sure. Or pay July to Sep now then pay Oct to Dec in October.

  19. Hi.Ms.Nora hindi po ako nakabayad ng January-Sept 2016. Ofw po ako at dito po ako manganganak sa Pinas sa Nov. Nag bayad na ako ng Oct-Dec 2016. Pwede ko ko pa ba magamit ang maternity benefits ko?kailangan ko pa mag bayad ng Jan-Feb 2017? Thank you

  20. Hi Anne, as an individual or voluntary payor (not OFW), hindi mo magagamit ang Oct-Dec payment mo for November confinement. Kung December sana, puede. Mga non-OFWs lang ang nagbabayad ng per quarter. Pag OFW, ang payment ay per year or per 6 months or per 2 to 3 years. As an OFW, puede kang ma-cover sa November, so I suggest magbayad ka as OFW. Punta ka sa nearest Philhealth with any proof of your being an OFW (OEC or job contract or foreign ID) and check if your membership status with Philhealth is OFW. Then ask what you will do or what other months to pay so you can use your Oct-Dec 2016 payment as OFW. Ang OFW receipt kasi ay dapat merong dates na halimbawa Oct 1 2016 to Oct 1, 2017 — merong validity dates. Ask them kung puede kang magbayad as OFW ng 6 months lang muna

  21. Hi Ms Nora. Magstart po sana ulit magcontribute this January 2017, pero kung sakali po na this December 2016 makahabol ako sa last quarter contr. maggamit ko po ba ng January 2017 yun? At kung ung contr. ng January 2017 naman po, kelan ko po magagamit iyon? Thank you po sa pagsagot. Have a great day!!

  22. Hi Donna, dapat mabayaran mo this month (Dec) ang Oct to Dec 2016 para puede mo nang magamit agad sakaling you need it starting the day after you pay in Dec 2016 up to Mar 2017. If you wait to start paying in Jan, you can use this Jan to March receipt starting March 2017 — you can’t use it for Jan and Feb.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Working Pinoy © 2008-2016 Frontier Theme